View All Subjects

So, so sick today from detox

created by: Parsley 3 years, 10 months ago

This is when it gets tough for me, late in the afternoon. I feel so physically sick that I want to drink to make it better. And it does make it better, until I wake up in the morning and the viscous, hideous cycle starts all over again.

by: Parsley 3 years, 10 months ago
replying to Parsley

I was the same way. 5 months later I feel great. I had a bad wake up call. throwing up blood, the shakes, cold sweats. I went from hell to heaven. Kombucha and supliments/vitamins got me through the detox and recovery. I've lost 15 pounds. you can do it and you will feel amazing! do it for you!

by: BayAreaSober 3 years, 10 months ago
replying to BayAreaSober

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'll get some kombucha next time I go to the store. I'm taking B vitamins as well.

replying to Parsley

I was where you are that "stinking thinking". you WILL heal, accept the temporary so sick feeling....it will be followed by better ines

by: anonymous 3 years, 9 months ago
replying to Parsley

Stay strong

by: Ruthuk 3 years, 9 months ago
replying to Ruthuk

I woke up to day six and again started my day with an online meeting. My moods and my energy are all over the place. I have a headache and am irritable but this is much better than waking up hungover. I know I just have to ride this roller coaster for as long as it takes.

by: Parsley 3 years, 9 months ago

You’re not alone. Spent the last 20 years stopping at the ABC store on my way home from work. It’s a struggle every day to pass it by. I think a lot of it for me is habit but it’s still sooo hard....

by: carollane72 3 years, 10 months ago
replying to carollane72

The easier softer way is to go to AA meetings. You will learn, as I have, what it means to surrender to win!

by: Grateful 3 years, 10 months ago

❓ ♂️ ♀️ ❣️
...for the person who needed to hear this today:
Your heart will heal, Your tears will dry, Your season will change...
REST TONIGHT knowing that the storm WILL END!

by: x24brog 3 years, 10 months ago
replying to x24brog

Thank you so much for that hopeful thought that I need so much to end this day sober and less afraid.

replying to Parsley

(final thought before bedtime...)

TWO Authorities/ TWO Choices
Great Pain... 🔸or🔸... Great Joy
LIFE💠🔹🔹OR🔹🔹💠DEATH
GOD~~ °°OR°° ~~HEROIN

...today I walk among the LiViNg
NO better ➿OR➿ NO worse
than ANY
of GOD's
other children . . .🤗

by: x24brog 3 years, 10 months ago

x24brog thank you! God or heroin? I've had to ask myself that same question. I've chosen god for 72 days but the battle is definitely real. This is war. I have to battle it everyday but I have to say it does get easier. I'm facing alot of legal issues so the overwhelming urge to use sometimes is so strong. Thank god for meetings, the steps(I'm now on step 8), my sponsor, and yall! For those struggling or those that are in detox and in pain, just remember, nothing lasts forever ! You can do this! Love and peace!

by: drberg2018 3 years, 10 months ago
replying to drberg2018

drBerg2018
It certainly is Not Easy!
I CAN'T!
but WE CAN!

I am So Very Grateful that what helps me most is absolutely PRICELESS!

SHARING IS CARING! I've learned that Raising my hand Lowers my pain!

I'm headed to a meeting Right Now! Who wants to join me?

The Door Is Always Open!

There's a meeting going on
right NOW!

ZOOM: 558 544 927
N.A.N.A. Never Alone Never Again 24/7
ALL RECOVERY Around the Clock, Around the World!

Let's Go Get Some ❣️

by: x24brog 3 years, 9 months ago

You might have a few tough days feeling like crap at home. Buy a ton of pedialyte and Gatorade, stick it out. Once you hit a week sober you will be amazed how much better you feel. Your body and mind change, you will wake up saying wow life feels so much better not waking up with a hangover.

by: Jake805 3 years, 10 months ago
replying to Jake805

Gatorade is a good idea, and tons of water.

replying to Jake805

Yes. That’s so true. I’ve been 11 days now. I had developed alcohol induced myopathy. My body hurt so bad every morning, it was all I could do to get to work by 10. I was lucky to have a job that allowed me to do so. On the 5th or 6th day I woke up and thought omg, I felt like I had a whole new body. Each day brings a new high. Wish I would have done this years ago.

replying to carollane72

Wow! There's a name for the mysterious aching in my lower body in the morning, alcohol-induced myopathy. Thank you for that info, it gives me hope and even more motivation to stay sober.

replying to Parsley

You’re so welcome. I found out by researching because I was too embarrassed to tell my Dr. I was an alcoholic. I bet if you google it you’ll find it describes you to the t. Keep up the good work. Sounds like your fighting the good fight. Your body is going to feel better than it has in a long time. Have a great day and stay strong. 🙂

replying to carollane72

I've never heard of this till now. I just read a couple articles about it. I use to get horrible muscle aches and muscle spasms when binge drinking...which was basically all the time. Thanks for the info!

by: BayAreaSober 3 years, 9 months ago
replying to BayAreaSober

Your welcome! Have a great and sober day! 🙂

by: carollane72 3 years, 9 months ago