View All Subjects

G. O. D.

created by: mmaa 3 years, 9 months ago

Yesterday’s daily message hit home for me. It was a good reminder that everyone’s bottom is different, and that everyone has room for a higher power ([G]ood [O]rderly [D]irection). Finding my higher power and realizing I’m powerless over alcohol has been a blessing.

by: mmaa 3 years, 9 months ago
replying to mmaa

today I am free because I dont have to impose my will or my concept of GOD on anyone. thanks for the reminder. GOD is whatever restores me to sanity....step 2.

by: anonymous 3 years, 9 months ago

G. O. D. ( ? )

Grow Or Die!

Gift of Destiny!

Getting Off Drugs!

Good Orderly Direction!

Gift Of Desperation!
💙(... finding GOD!)

Good Ole Days!

replying to anonymous

Thank you for G.O.D.

I do not believe that anything is impossible, but when I look back on the insanity of everything I have been through, it is impossible not to believe in a Higher Power, who has always been by my side, even though I was not by his side.

As well as the New York movie Moses, actor Freeman, in the role of God said “Do you want a miracle? Be the miracle you want. ”.

Not drinking anymore and becoming a better version of myself day by day has been my miracle.

Peace & Light

by: jasand 3 years, 9 months ago
replying to jasand

Thank you for your thoughts. I disconnect from the Spirit when I drink, define myself by what I own, emphasize getting rather than giving. My relationship with my Higher Power involves reconnecting. God is the light but I must connect to the light. Sometimes the plug falls out of the socket due to my greed, envy, resentment, and fear. Practicing the 12 steps allows me to reconnect and stay connected. Today, the 24 hour book emphasized becoming like a child to stay connected...the spiritualized child you have described in past posts is my persona I love the most. This persona wears the World like a loose garment...approaches challenges with a light hearted attitude....is playful not burdened...is easily sober, not white knuckling.

by: Clean 3 years, 9 months ago
replying to Clean

Thanks Clean for your words.

It is exactly this child who does not let my adult go crazy.

Practicing the 12 steps strengthened this child and my connection to the Higher Power.

Good 24 hours to all!

Peace and Light

by: jasand 3 years, 9 months ago

✝️ HE is My ☮️✌🏽🕊️PEACE and my🕯️LIGHT💡

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate them.

by: mmaa 3 years, 9 months ago