View All Subjects

Fresh outta hospital

created by: nmiller81 3 years, 8 months ago

Still learning this. Spent 4 days in the hospital. I've struggled with this for years. Hoping I've come to the right place

by: nmiller81 3 years, 8 months ago
replying to nmiller81

Try downloading the SoberTool mobile app and follow suggestions, especially the messages. Works for me for many years. Paying for you. Please put it in your calendar to check in with us at least once a day. What are you doing for treatment now my brother in recovery?

by: Clean 3 years, 8 months ago
replying to Clean

I have the app that's how I found this forum lol. They put me on Naltrexone and I'm getting help from the local VA

replying to nmiller81

You really need treatment plus AA.

by: anonymous 3 years, 8 months ago
replying to anonymous

AA meetings here are still not meeting. Covid bs.

replying to nmiller81

If you want to survive, you are going to have to ADAPT to online meetings. Sobriety is adapting to life on life's terms, not to your terms.

Addiction Recovery Support was created 2 help&support those suffering from the disease of addiction. Join us Now on Zoom 24/7/365 http://us04web.zoom.us/j/2478907316

replying to nmiller81

You've come to the right place. The opposite of addiction is human connectedness. Get connected to as many recovery groups as you can and share what you're going through. Stay away from isolating.

by: Parsley 3 years, 8 months ago
replying to Parsley

Neither are my groups at the VA. Well they do video meetings but it's not the same

replying to nmiller81

Here are lots of AA meetings. Try a meeting a day and keep an open min. Download the AA Big Book, and read it. Ask the VA about treatment options. Don't worry for now about whether or not you like online meetings; rather just do it because it's the best shot you have at survival. G.O.D. stands for the Gift of Desperation. https://aa-intergroup.org/oiaa/meetings/

I definitely came to the right forum. Thanks for the advice y'all and I'll definitely take advantage of the links.

replying to nmiller81

How r u today? What r u doin to stay sober? Isn't interestin that we have to do something to not do something (drinkin).

Please Go To ZOOM!!
MEETING # 558 544 927
(no password required)
It was started by a New York N.A. (Narcotics Anonymous) home group... It is designed as an 🌟ALL ADDICTION🌟 support, because alcohol, weed, meth, coke, speed, heroin, pills, uppers, downers, etc, is NOT the disease!

*ADDICTION is The Disease!
*RECOVERY IS THE CURE!!

It has become so,
SO popular, folks are Binging ZOOM instead of NetFlix!
They tell us to shoot for 90 meetings in 90 days...
DONE!!! (plus a couple of extra dozen!)

MEETING # 558 544 927
this group also has meetings scheduled for the deaf/hearing impaired, with multiple schedules, and ASL interpreters available DAILY!

by: x24brog 3 years, 8 months ago

I forgot to add that this is A NON-STOP MEETING!
24 / 7 / 365 Around the Clock
Around the World meeting!

The one mantra I replay everyday is simple:
DON'T PICK UP!

Don't blame yourself!
Here is a 24/7/365
MEETING # 558 544 927

by: x24brog 3 years, 8 months ago