View All Subjects

Feel like giving it up.

created by: palden 3 years, 9 months ago

Today was supposed to be my best day because I had been sober for 9 days for the first time in my life and I don't know how but I really got excited and drank even though my mind was set on staying sober. so I'm having a second thought to drink occasionally. Do you think it is ok ? I want your help on this. Please!

by: palden 3 years, 9 months ago
replying to palden

If you were able to drink occasionally without any negative consequences why would you strive for sobriety? A life without alcohol is really a great and healthy way to live.

by: Parsley 3 years, 9 months ago
replying to palden

I decided to quit completely. Today is my 8th day. I can not consume any alcohol. One drink and I relapse into a horrible binge. I tried occasional drinking and it only made me crave for more.

by: DVL1221 3 years, 9 months ago
replying to palden

Your day shows you how POWERLESS yo are over your addiction. Many say the most dangerous times are not the bad days, but the good days. Just because you feel like you got away with a drink today does not mean that you will next time. That is how it was for me until I flipped my car and nearly killed someone. This is an insidious disease that is cunning, baffling, and patient.

by: anonymous 3 years, 9 months ago

Parsley, you're right. The most important thing in life is staying healthy. Even though I drink occasionally, I drink excessive amount of liquor and later leads to vandalism of property and I will pick up a fight with anyone who passes by me. sure this ninth day has been really good and I was able to focus on my work. I think I will give sobriety a second round. Thanks Parsely and Dvl really appreciate it and btw I think I need a new profile.

by: palden 3 years, 9 months ago

Me personally? I'd rather sip on a soda, than pour some liquor or beer down my throat, only to disappoint myself for giving up on this journey!

...Worried about what the drunks sitting around the bar might think about "This Loser" ! The Only One that knows My Name is The Bartender!

SERIOUSLY! I don't know if you are court mandated to embark upon this journey, or you've just become sick and tired of Being Sick And Tired!
You should really do some Soul Searching!
When all is said and done, do you really wanna be Standing Tall, -OR- Six Feet Under?

If you don't know the answers yet, it's time for some serious reflection and soul searching.

I'm gonna suggest you HIT YOUR KNEES! If you can't think of a prayer, start with the Serenity Prayer:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change...
The courage to change the things I can...
And the wisdom to know the difference!

Third Step Prayer:
Take my will and my Life, guide me in my recovery, show me how to live!

THAT'S ALL I'VE GOT TONIGHT... The answers you are searching for lie deep within yourself...
Start Digging!

by: anonymous 3 years, 9 months ago

I agree wholeheartedly with the anonymous’s in here. There’s a reason you want to be sober. Remember it and strive for it one day at a time. I have faith in you.

by: mmaa 3 years, 9 months ago

It's a difficult lesson to learn. For me, I had reasons upon reasons I needed to stop drinking. But after a little bit I would remember how I used to be able to drink moderately, not do stupid things regularly. And of course I would tell myself, "well, I'll just do that again, instead of drinking to black out." But I couldn't control it anymore, and I knew that. The memory of being able to led me to try over and over again, though. Addiction is a sneaky SOB.

by: NoStinkinThinkin 3 years, 9 months ago