View All Subjects

Heavy weekend user

created by: Chris 5 years, 3 months ago

I don't get cravings through the week but destroy my life every weekend, there's always an excuse then a week of me swearing I won't drink or use drugs again, I've been in this cycle for years

by: Chris 5 years, 3 months ago
replying to Chris

I didn't drink everyday either. But I was really just white knuckling it when I wasn't using. Even when I wasn't using I was looking forward to it or swearing I would quit or recovering from it. Until I got into a 12 step program, I couldn't stay stopped. When I stopped, I was able to see what a constant part of my life drinking and using was. I quit countless times too. I pray you try going to AA . A god counselor too can help you break the cycle. Life is so much better now. Idea: read SoberTool message: "Are you climbing the Relapse Ladder?." Just enter the title in your search bar on the mobile apps. It's under the hierarchy "Cravings..." "Message that applies to everything"" on the website..It's the last message on page 7.Tell me what you think.

by: anonymous 5 years, 3 months ago

same boat here. while not quite under control yet completely I have done a lot better these past few weeks. I only get drunk a few times a week and convince myself it's not that bad.

by: Missj89 5 years, 3 months ago
replying to Missj89

Rather than trying to convince yourself you're doing well, do well. Stop completely. Get more help to do so. Scares me to think about what would happen to me if I was getting drunk a few times. Wouldn't be long until I was back to even worse.

by: Clean 5 years, 3 months ago
replying to Missj89

I'm the same I always find an excuse! I just can't break the cycle

by: Chris 5 years, 3 months ago
replying to Chris

You can break the cycle, and you should cause the cycle can break you. For me at least, it always got worse, never better. Also, whether you use every weekend or every day the pain is the same dude. it’s like jumping out the 7th story window or the 5th. Either way, when you hit the ground, your fucked.
But you can get clean and sober and put an end to it. It’s only been two months for me but when i look back on texts i sent while i was loaded, I realize how much pain I was actually in and I am so glad I am walking into the light, not further into the darkness. Hope you can find hope and serenity and yourself soon. love you.

by: JR 5 years, 3 months ago