View All Subjects

Another day one

created by: Jon4617 3 years, 6 months ago

Starting over again today. I see all of your posts about how good it feels to have months or years sober but I can't seem to make it one full week. Please send prayers

by: anonymous 3 years, 6 months ago
replying to anonymous

In 11 years, The longest I’ve been alcohol free was 5 days.
This time I actually made it to day 7 as of today. And I’m a half bottle of whiskey a night kind of girl.
This time I haven’t been trying to “white knuckle” my way through as much as try to think of it as, this stuff is literally killing my body and my relationship with my family. Then I made myself do activities while not drinking, and it was actually fun and the urge passed. And as I have continued day by day this time I mentally see the picture a little clearer now. Actually I feel bad for my child and what he’s had to go through the most. But that’s why we change.
So what I’m saying is when the “need” hits, go do a bunch of sprints or crunches or even fold laundry while watching a show, without drinking. Then drink a huge glass of water with lemon. Do anything to get through that urge. It could take a minute, or an hour. You just need to find YOU again.
Good luck to you!

by: anonymous 3 years, 6 months ago
replying to anonymous

Honestly, don't you think it's time to try the 12 steps? I had to admit that I didn't know what to do to stay sober in order to try the 12 steps. And thank God I had the desperation to do so because that's a big part of step 1. From that point on I've stayed sober for 32 years. I don't think I could do enough crunches to stay sober.

by: Clean 3 years, 6 months ago
replying to anonymous

You can do it, just keep going to meetings everyday

by: MB@AA 3 years, 6 months ago
replying to anonymous

yes it feels good but there are challenging days and times but it's all worth it . understanding that using the drug only makes it worse it already is. Easy does it my friend . stay well . stay healthy . watch something motivating .

by: AvitoPereira 3 years, 6 months ago
replying to anonymous

consistency is important , one step in the right direction

by: AvitoPereira 3 years, 6 months ago
replying to anonymous

Keep trying. Read as much recovery related stuff as you can. Start over as many times as you must. Watch success stories on youtube by other addicts who struggled to get free. We're both fighting the good fight.

I'm praying for you right NOW.

by: T@NY 3 years, 6 months ago