View All Subjects

Buddhist Quote of the Day

created by: Shawn2020 3 years, 3 months ago

Hi, all.

I've been using an app that gives me a Buddhist quote every day that has been very helpful in my recovery, and I'd like to share it.

"When one has the feeling of dislike for evil, when one feels tranquil, one finds pleasure in listening to good teachings"

In our active addiction and even in recovery, we we have the feeling of evil all the time. Whether it be moral evil or just the evil of wanting to use. When I was in active addiction, I wasn't tranquil, and I certainly had no interest in listening to the good teachings of a recovery program. But as I made myself start listening to others in recovery, I started finding more pleasure in it (and certainly in the rewards of sobriety). I had to "fake it till I make it" at first, but as I had more and more time under my belt, I enjoyed engaging in my recovery program. Getting to the point where you like to go to meetings will happen, but it takes some time to get in that place. I need to remember that.

by: Shawn2020 3 years, 3 months ago
replying to Shawn2020

This quote reminds me about the acronym: H.O.W. HOW we recover from addiction is by being Honest, Openminded, and Willing. I started listening to the means to true sobriety once I practiced HOW. I tend to be tranquil and capable of doing the right thing when I am in the state of HOW.

by: Clean 3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for sharing!

by: drberg2018 3 years, 3 months ago