View All Subjects

Buddhis Quote

created by: Shawn2020 3 years, 2 months ago

"He insulted me, he cheated me, he beat me, he robbed me - those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace."

Resentments do all of those things - cheat, beat, and rob you. Resentments do nothing to seek revenge on that which we resent, and they only hurt ourselves. We are letting something else rent space in our head rent-free. Getting rid of resentments is so important to my serenity. I've also noticed that the biggest resentment I have is towards myself. I try to make living amends to myself by being mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically healthy. And the better I get, the more I forgive myself.

by: Shawn2020 3 years, 2 months ago
replying to Shawn2020

what is the name of the app?

by: AvitoPereira 3 years, 2 months ago
replying to AvitoPereira

It’s called “Buddha and Buddhism quotes.” It’s easy to find on an App Store. I highly recommend it.

by: Shawn2020 3 years, 2 months ago
replying to Shawn2020

I hold myself up to an impossibly high standard sometimes and that makes me resent myself when I don't reach that standard. since I'm not drinking, at least I can recognize this. When I was drinking, all I could do was drink some more to numb the pain of the resentment against myself. Thanks for the reminder.

by: Grateful 3 years, 2 months ago