View All Subjects

72 days sober with out tools or support, which I need!!!

created by: Lisa_Reeves 5 years, 2 months ago

I'm 72 days sober Thank you to my heavenly father for that. Thus far it's just beenhim and myself. Although he has gotten me this far I still feel I need the tools and support I hear so much about to be successful in my recovery. I was a iv user of everything for 8 years. My husband for 10. He decided to do rehab, I decided to do it on my own, so that I could still work and continue to build our lives back up. I have my good days and my bad days. Let me also say I am in a suboxone clinics, I take a quarter pill every 3 days. I've been tapering down because I realized one day I basically traded something illegal for something legal and was still dependant on something everyday. I don't want to be dependant on anything but my strength and faith. I don't know any of the tools I need to know to help me with my sobriety and I have a lot of days where I struggle so bad with cravings, doubts I can do this, just things I wish I knew how to better work through/ handle. I have my aunt who is my main support and my co-workers who try their best to support me but don't quite understand addiction. I just want to reach out to you guys and ask for any advice, tools, stories anything that could help me in anyway please let me know. I DON'T WANT TO FAIL AT THIS!! Thank you all in advance. God bless

by: Lisa_Reeves 5 years, 2 months ago
replying to Lisa_Reeves

Alone is too much for us.

Stopping drinking was crucial for me, but rebuilding and changing patterns has been very important to keep me on the journey of sobriety.

Meetings have a very important role, because being among equals and sharing what helped each one out of the darkness helped me to find my own way.

Reach out to the alcoholic who still suffers, as they have done to me with love,
helps me day by day to save myself and renew the vows of the 1st step.

I wish you Peace, Serenity, Courage and Wisdom

by: jasand 5 years, 2 months ago
replying to jasand

Thank you

replying to jasand

I've tried to change everything. I moved counties over to where I know no one, changed my phone number, removed every negative, toxic and in active addiction peraon from my life, started working to keep me busy, found and continue to build my relationship with God and stay in his word constantly for strength and guidance, research online, read and do the work in my celebrate recovery book, but even with all that I still feel like I'm struggling more then I'm not struggling. I have "thoughts or urges" but I have not acted on them. I tell myself "you're going to give up all this progress and hard work, your marriage, your family, your job, your freedom, your life all over a 5 minute thought?" Then I list all the good things that have happened since I became sober and by the time I get a quarter of the way through my "thought/urge" has passed. But I just feel like I need more, more support, more knowledge, more understanding, more help. My schedule at work is so crazy it's hard to be able to get to meetings. I have to reschedule my doctors appointments often because of my schedule. I'm trying to find online meetings and counsling something I could do on break even while I'm at work. Because I struggle so bad on some days I feel like I'm failing with my sobriety even though I've not even relapsed.

replying to Lisa_Reeves

please, do yourself the favor of attending AA. 90 meetings in 90 days is a great foundation to build your sober life. I just picked up my 2 year chip February 15th. I had tried quitting on my on. lasted around 3 months. AA helped me learn to really live . I couldn't have made 2 years without the fellowship and 12 steps and service.
Hope you'll give it a chance. You deserve a good life and to feel comfortable in your own skin.

by: Ticklemepinktoo 5 years, 2 months ago

AA made a way when there was no way.

by: Clean 5 years, 2 months ago

I believe that there is no stronger or less strong but rather the one that is in vigil and what keeps me Smart are the meetings

The meeting is very important for me because I recharge my energies and I keep in tune.
Manuel times I went in the meeting looking for help and I end up helping and many times I went to help And someone helped me. I usually say its better to do not repair the roof during the storm and today I realized that without the meetings it would be too much for me.

The energy in the meeting flows and I never leave a meeting worse than I entered. it helps me day to day to continue on. I Will soon complete 3 years and it is a short time but what I conquered I would never have imagined

Try to go to The meetings and let it happen.

Good 24 hours

by: jasand 5 years, 2 months ago

Go get help! I was on suboxone for 9 months, tapered down on my own stopped going to the clinic Etc. next thing yaknow I’m bored I’m lonely I miss my old friend, a year of being clean down the drain. I’m 48 hrs clean again now and believe that I’m at the very least going to get a counselor

by: zer0 5 years, 2 months ago
replying to zer0

Counselors help alot.

by: anonymous 5 years, 2 months ago

I applaud your sobriety and your honesty. I've been there before and I relapsed. I wish I would of had a community to fall back on. Love yourself and do what's best long term... go to meetings and work with a sponsor.

by: SS1986 5 years, 2 months ago