View All Subjects

I'm clean but still think about it

created by: Alba0418 5 years, 2 months ago

Am I the only one that thinks about when I was getting high I wish I can erase it from my memory

by: Alba0418 5 years, 2 months ago
replying to Alba0418

Lots of us still think about it, but if we are working an effective recovery program, we don't have to give in to the thought. Keep following through the craving to it's bitter end.

by: Clean 5 years, 2 months ago
replying to Clean

Thanks allot for your advice I was so used to running to the drug when faced with problems that when I have issues present them selves that's when I think about it but I'm working through it.

replying to Alba0418

you will think about it. the thing is not going out and getting high. you cant erase your memory but it will get easier to deal with and the cravings will happen less and less as time goes by. dont give up!!!

by: Aliciamichelle1983 5 years, 2 months ago

I am learning to not take my irrational thoughts so seriously.

by: JohnP 5 years, 2 months ago

Of course you still think about your drug of choice. Sometimes it made you feel better. If it didn’t, what would be the point?

But we often forget about the price we pay for getting high/drunk/wasted. We forget that after the 2 hour buzz, we have the guilt, shame, issues that only get worse over time. Not being negative about addiction, just stating an obvious fact we sometimes forget.

Our good memories of drugs will always blindside us but if we also remember the price that must eventually be paid, being clean becomes a kick

by: Gilligan 5 years, 2 months ago
replying to Gilligan

Your right the price you gotta pay is something that you can't ever forget for me I lost allot in my life for example relationships and trust. I never wanna go back down that lonely road that just takes you to disaster. Thank you so much for replying.

replying to Alba0418

Care about yu!

by: Clean 5 years, 2 months ago