View All Subjects

alcoholic 6 days sober. what do i expect to come at me?

created by: Allthingspossible 5 years, 2 months ago

new here and need the support! six days sober!! alcoholic for the better part of 13 years. what should I expect to come at me physically, mentally and emotionally in the coming days??

by: Allthingspossible 5 years, 2 months ago
replying to Allthingspossible

The number one thing you can depend on is that things will get better. They just do. Then the voices take over:

“See how well we are doing? It is because of how great I am. In fact, I wasn’t really the problem. It was just a cycle I was going through. My recent sobriety is proof of all of this.”

by: Gilligan 5 years, 2 months ago
replying to Gilligan

So true.That is why we stay humble to not stumble. Keep going to meetings. Meeting makers make it!!!!

by: Clean 5 years, 2 months ago

Stopping drinking is the master password, but it is not enough. The emotional reconstruction that led me to decay occurs day by day. The breaking of patterns of behavior brings me more and more Serenity. The meetings have been very important, because through them I always remember that I have an incurable disease and it leaves me alert as to the return of old patterns. I can only tell you that you will gain day by day what you never imagined. It's slow, not easy, but it's worth it. it is often said that in the 12-step meeting, the disease goes out through the mouth and the medicine enters through the ear. And this has kept me sober, just for today.

by: jasand 5 years, 2 months ago
replying to jasand

That is beautifully said!

by: Grateful 5 years, 2 months ago
replying to jasand

Very nicely said there jasand! 👍

by: Codow 5 years, 2 months ago