View All Subjects

Another Day, More Dollars, in the bank.

created by: Costiganj 2 years, 11 months ago

So nice to have money in the bank and not be broke until my next pay check. No more cashing in change for a bottle to keep me going. Always paid bills and food, etc. but then went right to the wire.

Day 12. Whoo Hoo! When I get to 2 weeks, going to treat myself to something I need and want. Not crazy, because I like having money in the bank, maybe just a new Bra. Hugs to everyone and keep up the fight.

by: Costiganj 2 years, 11 months ago

Congrats. That's great, go treat yourself. It's nice to see how much little things we do for ourselves make us feel so good. You deserve this.

by: kkdad 2 years, 11 months ago

So, would normally stop at the bar between work and picking up my high schooler from practice. just have one, but would then come home and cook diner and have more.

Today instead...since I actually had money, I went to Walmart and got my self two new shirts for work, a trash can for my kids room...and some well deserved new underwear. All for under 40$. lol

Got some bargains and feel great that I didn't fold. it crossed my mind several times..but I made it home. One more day in the books.

today has been a struggle for me. it's the first day that drinking has been on my mind since 6pm. I'm making it through but the thought of "just one night and I'll go back to not drinking tomorrow" has been said in my mind for hours now. I'm going to join you in 2 weeks and I'm getting a new bra. sounds like the perfect treat.

by: Brachladi21 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to Brachladi21

Stay sober today. Don't give in to the craving. just one day at a time.

by: Clean 2 years, 11 months ago

it is hard when it is constantley on your mind and its the only thing you can think about.just remember it wont only be a couple,it may start of small but will slowly increase without you even realising it.dont give in cause just remind yourself you will end up back at square one!

by: Bubbles 2 years, 11 months ago

Good Morning, I am praying and sending good vibes to my girl Brach....You got this girl, we really need new bras.

Seriously, The struggle is real, but you came here, you came back. You can do this. You are not alone. One day at a time, one minute at a time. Hugs