View All Subjects

Removing negative people in your circle.

created by: Costiganj 2 years, 11 months ago

I just got of the phone with a friend who is full of drama...created by herself...always so negative. 20 min conversation and she asked 1 time how I was doing and before I could answer started complaining about her life.

This is someone I care about but have distanced myself from. Now I remember why!!

I need positive, healthy influences in my life. She is not one.

by: Costiganj 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to Costiganj

It’s so hard. I tried to have this conversation with a similar friend. She had confronted me about not being “there for her.” The harsh truth is she’s a toxic, mean, drama filled person. I answered as nicely as I could but she reacted dramatically and ended our friendship. I cannot even tell you how much stress this removed from my life. I never realized how much her negativity affected me. One of the many sober blessings 🙂

by: snobregs35 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to snobregs35

Higher Power working in your life right there.

by: Two 2 years, 11 months ago

I feel terrible, she even hung up on me. But your right...I haven't talked to her since I decided to be sober. Made me realize I didn't miss her drama at all.

I've lost countless friends as well, we all grew up together and drinking was our common link. They still drink like college kids and we are all near 40. The more time goes by I realized it's the simple and only thing to do, it's one time being selfish is ok. Do not feel bad about it.

by: richard78 2 years, 11 months ago

I feel a little bad because I know she needs support too! I just can't be it for her. So in a way I am relieved to not have another stress in my life. myself and my family have to be first.

Thanks for all the support.

You're gonna have to help yourself first. When you are comfortable again, you can resume helping others. Change is tough. In our case, everything must change. I'm 9 1/2 years sober and still adapting to my Sober Life. There will always be situations that make you feel uncomfortable. Don't beat yourself up. You can adapt according to each situation that presents itself.

by: kkdad 2 years, 11 months ago

Thanks kkdad. 😊🙏

Having a bit clarity in your life when you sober up can be painful at the time, especially when you care about the person, but the fact you are seeing this person is bringing negatively to your life means you are growing 🙏 keep doing what you are doing and protect your soberity no matter what!

by: anonymous 2 years, 11 months ago

Thanks for the support! 😀