View All Subjects

Now that I’m sober, I always feel like crying. Is this normal or am I insane?

created by: TheDrunk08 2 years, 11 months ago

Perfectly normal ,I didn't cry for 20 years while using ,I couldn't face my feelings, when I got sober I couldn't hold back my emotions and released alot of grief and hurt ,welcome back to the human race 😁

by: AussieDrunk 2 years, 11 months ago

You’re adjusting to actually feeling the feelings you’ve probably stuffed since childhood. The tears will end eventually. And, I’ll bet, at that point you’ll begin to feel overwhelming joy and happiness.
If, however, you find you are unable to shake the blues, I would encourage a doctor visit. When was the last time you had a complete and honest physical evaluation with a medical provider?

by: Two 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to Two

Honestly, probably 5-6 years

by: TheDrunk08 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to TheDrunk08

Might be a good time to schedule one.

by: Two 2 years, 11 months ago

101 days of freedom for me. I've cried a lot more in the last month or so, but gratefully not for feeling regret the next morning, for something really nasty I said or did while drunk. It's a sincerely huge release and I feel much better afterwards. We're only human after all and all these emotions that we are feeling right now are real, normal, if you feel like crying just let it out, I guarantee you that you feel better.

by: Melevs 2 years, 11 months ago

I cried A LOT in my first year of sobriety! I felt like i was going insane too but it’s totally normal. No worries! Keep on keepin on! Much love!

by: hhawkins4229 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to hhawkins4229

i cry all the time if im happy,sad,bored you name it i will find a reason to cry.when i first became sober i felt sorry for myself and due to really bad health with always say why me but i never had a true reason to pick up the bottle i just chose too!

by: Bubbles 2 years, 11 months ago