View All Subjects

Recovery Career Path

created by: Kmax75 2 years, 11 months ago

I just wanted to share that I have recently enrolled in school to be a substance abuse counselor. I never would have thought this career would even interest me and I also can't believe how far I've come in my recovery. I also have accepted a job offer for a Recovery Center as a mentor. I am excited but also nervous about the effects a relapse would have with my whole life in the recovery field. I'm human I still get those triggers but I'm trying to think of it as a way to help with my recovery. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

by: Kmax75 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to Kmax75

👏 Congratulations my friend. In the name of all those that you are going to help, THANK YOU 😊

by: Jasmin 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to Kmax75

I, too, am in the recovery field. Before I started my journey my sponsor and I had a very serious discussion about the pros and cons of a job in the field. He had seen many an addict relapse because they confused the job with their recovery. We talked in depth about the importance of not letting my own recovery program lapse.
I cannot stress the importance of keeping your personal recovery separate from the job. I would also encourage attending Alanon or Naranon meetings too.

by: Two 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to Kmax75

Awesome! Give it away to keep it. I also became a licensed chemical dependency counselor. Keep working a daily recovery program for you.

by: Clean 2 years, 11 months ago

Congratulations 👏 to you for how far you've reached and how much you've achieved, I'm sure that you will find it only helps to further your recovery by helping others and being an inspiration to those individuals and how thankful they will be to have your counselling, knowledge and support.

by: Melevs 2 years, 11 months ago

thants brill kmaz,?this is something that interests me.do you need any qualifications and how did you go about getting the job??well done by the way!

by: Bubbles 2 years, 11 months ago

Keep moving forward. Don't think what if!!! Congrats.

by: kkdad 2 years, 11 months ago