View All Subjects

It’s never late until it's late

created by: jasand 5 years, 1 month ago

I usually say it's never late until it's late. The higher power gave me a chance to join and attend A.A. meetings. Frankly I do not believe I would have another chance, because if I had not stopped I would not be here writing.

A brother of A.A who encouraged me in my ticket and gave me hope to continue, relapsed a few times.

The last time, with much suffering, I persuaded him to rejoin. Unfortunately on his return he passed away in the room. It was very strong, but it showed us all the destiny that Alcohol can take us. I believe it was a farewell, an act of love, sending us this message. I reproduce here the message I sent him that convinced him to rejoin.

“Good Morning. Yesterday there was a newcomer. I found myself entering that room, crying, lost, hopeless, guilty, feeling like Garbage. As it is good to remember where I have been and where I never want to return, it is even more gratifying to be able to speak what I have been through and if this serves as a spark of hope, as it has served me, it is a blessing of renewal, it is life; springs to the ashes. For me, what makes me relapse is the forgetfulness of where I have been, what I went through, the ardor and pain of the soul, time is in charge of doing this, falling into oblivion ... It is "magic", is experiencing,
only happens in a meeting ... I am grateful to Higher Power for guiding me to the room and for having done this hard head to listen to what they have so much suggested to me, "When jumping from the plane,
Pull the rope from the parachute! "... I have rejoined every 24 hours and pulled the cord. Serenas 24 hours.”

Brothers and Sisters, it's not easy, but it's worth it. We are not alone, we are together!

Peace, Harmony, Serenity, Courage and Wisdom.

by: jasand 5 years, 1 month ago