View All Subjects

Working the 1st step

created by: Trish48 5 years, 1 month ago

Trouble working first step. Don't know why but sure could use help getting past my own admittance of powerlessness. Talk to God every day but seem to still struggle..

by: Trish48 5 years, 1 month ago
replying to Trish48

maybe you need to change the program, try different things, plan and do things you have always wantedto do and haven't yet, pick up a hobby, activity, but most of all stay positive, and try your best to be strong, lord knows im trying myself, we shall overcome.

by: Jsun163 5 years, 1 month ago
replying to Trish48

The first thing you have to remember is that you’re not powerless over alcohol until you take that first drink. You do have the power, you’ve had it all along, you just have to exercise it by not picking up the first drink. And keep reminding yourself, that’s the only way you can keep the power away from alcohol.

by: abcowboy 5 years, 1 month ago
replying to abcowboy

I am powerless before I pick up the first drink. That is why I need the other 11 steps, which is a major part of my Higher Power, to keep me sober. Knowing this, I have stayed sober for 30 years. I cannot do it alone because I cannot control alcohol. I am powerless over it. - even though I have not had a drink for over 30 years.

by: Clean 5 years, 1 month ago