View All Subjects

seeking online email sponsorship

created by: Greenelf 4 years, 10 months ago

hi I was a speed addict for 25 years, now clean for 11. I am living in Myanmar, a little isolated, would like to communicate with someone with some clean time

by: Greenelf 4 years, 10 months ago
replying to Greenelf

There is an AA meeting in Yangoon. In any event, I would be happy to correspond with you. I have 31 years clean and sober because of 12 step programs. I attend NA, AA, and EA. Are you free from all mind altering substances, including alcohol? If so, what has your recovery program been?

by: Clean 4 years, 10 months ago
replying to Clean

yes clean from everything ( except a lot of tea)
program was lots of mtgs in Australia, last 8 years just reading literature and reaching out to members at home.
now I am writing on the steps (from na book)
living quiet life in the forest
email is greenelf1965@gmail.com
see you!

by: Greenelf 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to Greenelf

Working the steps from NA work book is quite alot. The 4th step in the work book asks lots of questions. Don't get overwhelmed. Just answer the best you can. What step are you doing in the NA work book?

by: Grateful 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to Grateful

I have just finished step 2 today
what is need to do now is share my work so far with another addict in recovery
see you

replying to Clean

hi thanks for your message
I would like to correspond with you
my email is greenelf1965@gmail.com
I will be out of touch from August for a few months
be great to connect before then
see you

replying to Greenelf

Hi I'm from a small town in the middle of nowhere in South Africa. I'm just over 1 year clean and would love to chat with someone who has such amazing clean time like you. Also have you found an online Sponsor?

by: Jazzyjazz 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to Jazzyjazz

let's chat
is email ok? mine is greenelf1965@gmail.com
thankyou

Feel free to share your step 2 with me by replying to this post.

by: Clean 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to Clean

hello
I finihed witing on this step a few days ago. It took about one month.
A lot of this for me was looking at my level of insanity, both in my active using and whats been going on for me in the last seen years since I left australia. A big part of my insanity was the belief / delusion that not actively using drugs = recovery, and the belief that using drugs was my only problem. When we have that insane idea it is difficult to see what is going on clearly because everything is supposedly great because Im not using and everything going wrong must be someone elses problem.
A few months ago it all became unbearable and I realised that I aws going backwards at a rapid rate. I recahed out to a fellow addict at home and got the na steps working guide, and promptly forgot about it. I pulled it out a couple of month ago and started writing. I felt
lt better straight away, just by doing my first step, I am powerless over my addiction and my life has become unmanageable. A big problem for me as an addict is my trying to manage everything; if only everything and everyone was exactly how I thought they should be. Admitting Im powerless gets me over that, which can be so painful and alienating. By reaching out to another addict Icame to see / believe that a power greater than myself can restore me to sanity. Just sitting here typing is an example of my behaving in a sane and rational way. Its a process though, coming to believe and restoration. Like restoring a house, we do a little bit at a time and eventually we have something thats really good, like the original but updated. So thats how I am feeling at the moment, restored but conscious that I am part of a process. its also a chance for me to ask myself is my life insane in a general kind of way. My dream was to come to Myanmar and live as a buddhist monk, so after five years clean I did it. My friends said that was an insane thing to do but I didnt think so at the time and I dont now. What I need to do is integrate actively working on my recovery into my currrent lifestyle. I think Im doing ok, and I am coming to believe that a power greater than myself can restore me to sanity. We dont need to define what that power may be, a belife in restoration to sanity is good enough for and a belief that trying to live an honest genuine life is a good path to take.
Im not sure whether to dive straight into the 3rd step. Im going to another country next week till november and I may take a rest or is it better to maintain momentum?

replying to Greenelf

Maintain momentum. Doesn't matter that you are travelling. You tke your computer and book with you. Try to find a meeting where you travel.

Comment on your second step: You remind me that addiction is a disease and that using drugs is the symptom of the disease. In other words, putting down the drugs is the bare beginning. We are on a "dry drunk" and still insane if we are not practicing an effective recovery program. Sounds like a big part of your insanity involved always managing and controlling and blaming others. Sanity becomes slowly restored as we change ourselves and let go of them. Sanity is restored as we take the right path of ACTING in accordance with spiritual principles. We must do that in this moment (and every moment) to stay sane. Stay on this path and if you get off it, you will feel the insanity again...so get back on it. Next do the third step.

by: Clean 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to Clean

Hi
I'm going ok
Writing on 3rd step, bit of a head spin and lots to think about
I'm going to Malaysia till December so have had a few things to do passports visas transport etc.
Am feeling so much better since getting back into recovery mode, just doing it a bit different.
May have a sponsor, my situation seems to be just too unusual... Australian addict in recovery/Buddhist monk/living in Myanmar.
Will share 3rd step next few days I hope

by: Greenelf 4 years, 8 months ago