View All Subjects

Day 1!!!!

created by: hayleyvic21 4 years, 10 months ago

You need to start at the beginning. Go to an AA meeting and read the Big Book. Remember that you still need to treat your alcoholism even if you are NOT drinking or else you will eventually relapse. If you are feeling sick not drinking, go to a detox unit. Perhaps meet with a therapist or check into a treatment center. Keep using the SoberTool app daily. Do you have the mobile SoberTool app?

by: Clean 4 years, 10 months ago

Day 1 for me also. So over feeling shame. We can do this! I’m going to use tools and most of all I need to go to meetings. It does help to not feel alone.

by: Heart14 4 years, 10 months ago

This app really helps. Also the ‘I am Sober’ app. That one has daily journal entries which I find helpful. Take it one day at a time & know we are in this together! The 12 steps with father Joseph Martin on YouTube helped me & I am not at all religious. Wishing you the best.

by: PageJune 4 years, 10 months ago

so after years of alcohol abuse i have had enough, i want my life back. but easier said than done after previous failed attemps. would really appreiciate any advice.

hayley- England

by: hayleyvic21 4 years, 10 months ago
replying to hayleyvic21

I was at that point 2 months ago as well. Was hoping to find some meetings you can do online in addition to going to in-person, traditional meetings. I also used to be addicted to uppers.

by: ChrissyMarieBaird 4 years, 10 months ago