View All Subjects

I Need to say goodbye to alcohol

created by: Aundrea 2 weeks, 3 days ago

I am an occasional binge drinker. I can never have one or two drinks. It's either none or 10. I tend to do moderately stupid things drinking and push my friends and family away. I never do anything like wake up in a ditch, drive drunk or cheat on my spouse. I just act like a fool. I have so many "day ones" it's embarrassing. Then I'll think I can moderate my drinking (never happens). Last night I drink too much and hurt one of my friends feelings. I have all these wonderful books about quitting: Allen Carr, Annie Grace, ect. I just want it to stick and be permanent!

by: Aundrea 2 weeks, 3 days ago
replying to Aundrea

I am in the same exact situation. I never do anything to extreme but constantly feel embarrassed but the things I do.

by: anonymous 2 weeks, 2 days ago

Me too. I want it to stick. I feel so much better without it but it always pulls me in

by: Trish79 2 weeks, 3 days ago

Have y'all tried going to rehab? Meetings? Getting a sponsor? Working the steps?
Nobody can tell you that you are an alcoholic or an addict but you. If you think you are then I highly suggest trying one of the suggestions above. Our lives are meant for so much more than just getting drunk and high! We all have a purpose. It's not easy but definitely worth it! God bless y'all and good luck! If I can do it, anybody can! 😀

by: drberg2018 2 weeks, 2 days ago

I was first the fool, then the tragedy. The elevator only spirals downward. I am sober 31 years because I have kept going to AA meetings. Very simple.

by: Clean 2 weeks, 2 days ago

Thank you for your posts. I feel less alone here.

by: Danssurfin 2 weeks, 2 days ago