View All Subjects

PTSD and chemical dependency...how to be sucessful...day 1-week 1-month 1-???yr 1?

created by: Ruthann78 4 years, 7 months ago

day 1 again😥🛐 tx 4 1more try Lord! I will alway give you my best effort although as you know it will most often times very from (day to day!!!???) (faith to faith!!!???)(glory to glory!!!???) How do I let go of this anger I never realized I had untill the past couple of yrs that that is now causing a new issue with me and sobriety + over all well being+ relationships all around? I have never been a psyicaly agressive person towards others nor am i now but i again am left with a lose as how to cope with this developing emotion along with my inability to cope well with most other negative destructive and all around unpleasent symptoms I am struggling with today and alot of other days. tips on tools or coping skills i should be reminded of or have never tried that may help get me over the two to three week dry spells and push me on to the first steps to true sobriety + self fulfilment through a honest healty realationship with God and everyother being I come in contact with?

by: Ruthann78 4 years, 7 months ago

Hi Ruthann, I too am dealing with anger. I had over 4 months sobriety and the anger got to me. I drank! Didn’t help anything!! What I now realize is we have to somehow deal with all this anger. It’s going to eat us alive. I’m in AA and have been working the steps. Initially the anger got worse, working steps 4 and 8 brought up a lot. Think I finally worked through it, cried it out. Please don’t do as I did, please don’t use again. Get a sponsor, start working through it. It’s hard but worth it. Im sorry you’re in pain. We’re not masking it anymore. It’s going to be tough for a while but we can do this. Best wishes!!

by: Sunshine0208 4 years, 7 months ago

I agree with Jennifer wholeheartedly. Our sobriety is contingent on our spiritual maintenance. Working the 12 steps can help relieve us of anger and other afflictive emotions and give us the strong spirit we need. Sometimes outside help with a therapist can also help. Peace and Light!

by: Clean 4 years, 7 months ago