View All Subjects

Quit alcohol benefits timeline

created by: Mishsw1 2 weeks, 3 days ago

1 week sober after over 10 years on the wine.
I’d usually have 1-2 bottles every week night and more on Saturday. It started as a few days of following a 2 week bender, which sometimes happens, but after reading stories and posts, and information online, I realized that I have a problem with alcohol abuse and that I’m not alone.
After 1 week I’m feeling much better in so many ways, and after reading a timeline of benefits for quitting alcohol, I’ve set myself a 1 month target!
I’d like to share the link to help inspire others to achieve their targets with real goals and rewards.

I hope others find it as interesting and useful as I did

https://www.priorygroup.com/blog/benefits-of-giving-up-alcohol-for-a-month

by: Mishsw1 2 weeks, 3 days ago
replying to Mishsw1

I have been going heavy for almost 10 years too. Day 2. I don't want to drink, and the shakes make me feel 50

by: Ray337 2 weeks, 3 days ago
replying to Ray337

I am exactly the same! I’m on my 3 day.. but making sure I keep busy, take lots of vitamins and lots of water!

by: ForMe 2 weeks, 1 day ago
replying to Mishsw1

This was a great read! Thank you! Your story is very similar to mine, although have only been sober for 3 days

by: ForMe 2 weeks, 1 day ago
replying to Mishsw1

Thank you , always good to read articles and find support especially medical

by: AmandaS 2 weeks, 1 day ago

You’re not alone!! Thanks for your post.

by: Jennifer0208 2 weeks, 3 days ago

I am day 13. Thanks for the post

by: Melanie42 2 weeks, 3 days ago

I never conceived of a day without drinking, imagine 48 hours, weeks, 1 month or years. Taking a blood test was a mess, 48 ​​hours without drinking alcohol was too much ... Until joining A.A and absorbing the concept of living 24 hours at a time, I will not drink just for today. 1287 24 hours have passed, but the most important is today. The health benefits are many, but living every 24 hours has expanded beyond drinking, a splendid reconstruction has begun, and I have gradually managed to become a better version of myself.

Celebrate and live your own enhanced version every 24 hours, Congratulations! Always remember that you are not alone. Always together. Much Peace & Light on Your Journey

by: jasand 2 weeks, 1 day ago
replying to jasand

Good morning Jasand. Thanks for the reminders. SoberTool tells me I have 11,463 days. Still it is a daily reprieve for me. The blessings are so many, countless. If I can stay sober this long, anybody can do it. My strength is my powerlessness. Makes it easy for me to get help. Humility, not ego; weakness, not strength; other reliance, not self reliance; other centered, not self centered; faith, not doubt; love, not fear, understanding, not resentment; loyalty, not distrust: all amount to hope, sobriety, serenity, and FREEDOM from the bondage of alcohol, other drugs, and emotional childishness.

by: Clean 2 weeks, 1 day ago
replying to Clean

So simple, My strenght is my powerlessness, but so hard to me to find. Glad I found.
Thanks Clean. Gratitude 🙏🏻

by: jasand 2 weeks, 1 day ago