View All Subjects

sobriety

created by: Eazphoto2426 2 weeks, 1 day ago

I am 29 days sober. Tomorrow I hit a whole month clean and I’ll can think about is getting drunk. I’ve been obsessing about it all day and I don’t know what to do. I have yet to have this hard of a time fighting off the urge. I’m not sure what to do.

by: Rach28 2 weeks ago
replying to Rach28

Just stay strong!! You have fought it this long so there’s no question that you have the will and can do it. Its a daily battle, but well worth it. Just stay strong and positive. You’ve got this!!

by: crystalkay 1 week, 6 days ago
replying to Rach28

im at 73 days clean off heroin and all hard drugs and lately ive been wanting to use, more specifically smoke crack. im on probation with random screens...a positive test could land me in jail. I often think if i didnt have these stipulations or get arrested...would i be clean? but fighting an urge is still fighting an urge and you gotta fight thru it. find alternative activities (i play basketball, go for a walk, bike ride). call a sponsor. hit a meeting. or see if your area has something similar to the clinical stabalization services (css) 14 day program i went to. you can get a bed within early recovery when you feel like youre going to relapse and dont think anything in your environment will help prevent it. css can be a great safe place...often step 2 after a 4 day detox in the hospital of the same health systems company. at least this is how it is in my area...and after 11 years of hard opiate use...css plus the community corrections day outpatient program (court ordered) totally saved my life.
take a step back and imagine the life you lead while ripping and running in active addiction. whether it be drinking at the break of day or whatever your behaviors were. is life now better than then? it is for me. i dont ever want to return to that. so after 73 days sober, still getting strong urges, i use my tools and my story and my higher power to motivate me right past them.
good luck to you!

by: Sjr62389 1 week, 6 days ago

Better to stay WEAK. WEAK = admitting can't control alcohol, so have to get help. Help works, self reliance (strength) does not.

by: Clean 1 week, 6 days ago

I recommend reading. I love Jason Vale and Annie Grace if you're a drinker. Also books like "Dry", "the unexpected joy of being sober ", "drinking: a love story". I find my cravings disappear when I read sober books and it kills some time.

by: anonymous 1 week, 3 days ago