View All Subjects

Struggle

created by: BadRob 2 weeks ago

It had been 74 days since my first post and since I started to fight with my addiction - gambling. I have been doing good, I’m meeting with persons, I have tried talking about my addiction and it has helped me a lot... Today my financial situation is better than it has been ever in my life. I have goals and I try to reach them. At this moment I am little bit drunk and I’m having hard relapse. I want to gamble really bad. I have a feeling it’s my lucky time to win and win a lot. My addiction is taking over my brain and it’s scaring me. The only thing that saved me is that I blocked myself in anywhere way it’s possible to gamble. What to do in these situations when I am hopeless in my own mind... This addiction has lead me to worst stages of my life... I have felt hopeless, destroyed and forever attached to this addiction. I don’t need advice to go to meetings, I really don’t. But I feel really hopeless and really close to quit it... Has anyone been in this situation ever before? How much time will go till my mind understands it’s time to let it go?

by: BadRob 2 weeks ago
replying to BadRob

Alcohol is gateway to gambling. Can't walk through the gate so can't pick up first drink. Peace will come when you are working 12 steps with gambling + ALCOHOL.

by: Clean 1 week, 6 days ago