View All Subjects

I was dreaming of picking up some alcohol

created by: BlueJulie 4 years, 6 months ago

- I was in a town an hour away from my small town - there were so many more shops and venues to buy cheap alcoholl - I was feeling really hurt about a comment a dear and longtime friend had made to another friend in relation to me .... and just didn’t want to feel .... I realised I would feel worse if I drank .... SO I didn’t buy any alcohol - I am blessed - being sober is once again beginning to fit me like a glove ....

Thank you

Love and Hope to you ALL

Jules XXXX

by: BlueJulie 4 years, 6 months ago
replying to BlueJulie

Thanks for sharing. Way to follow that first drink through to its bitter end. I often pray to not be too sensitive, to let things roll off my back when others say something that hurts. Sometimes it just takes a little time. Heard a good one at a meeting: QTIP stands for quit taking it personal. Key for me is forgive as soon as possible and forget about it and help someone else.

by: Clean 4 years, 6 months ago
replying to Clean

❤️ Beautiful - and thank you

replying to Clean

❤️ Beautiful - and thank you

replying to BlueJulie

Tonight I had a great time at my NA meeting. Ate 5 homemade chocolate chip cookies, got a hug from a beautiful lady, heard a great lead, saw a young fellow celebrate 6 months clean and get a key chain and a young lady celebrate 90 days and get a key chain. The love and support at meetings are awesome!

by: Clean 4 years, 6 months ago
replying to Clean

SO happy you are feeling the love .... and freedom
❤️💖❤️💖

There is a reflection of AA that I love to remember, it is a 72 year old gentleman who
when he was sad and disillusioned he made an inventory of the blessings of his life, from
being sober, health, children, friends, etc.

It took a while and completed a few lines.
Since then he saw that he had much more than what bothered him and every time something tried to discourage him he remembered this list.

Listening to Clean's words is exactly what submit to me.

Remember the language of love at AA's meetings, sincere hugs, homemade cake,
the fresh coffee, the battles of the AA's friends became an important part of my list of blessings.

And everything that caused suffering to me at the past serving as a spark of hope for those who still suffer, is a blessing, makes what bothers me are crumbs, opportunities to fight and overcome!

Thank You

by: jasand 4 years, 6 months ago