View All Subjects

Begin again

created by: Hmmcw09 3 years ago

Well this is humbling... trying to work out how the technology works. It doesn't matter anymore. Rock bottom has done that for me... finally the gift of desperation... a willingness to be seen and vulnerable. Day 2 of sobriety after 5 years clean time... I picked up. Again and Again. it's been hard to get humble enough to come back. thank god it's more painful staying in that place than to change. Today I chose change.

by: Hmmcw09 3 years ago
replying to Hmmcw09

Be also desperate enough to ask for Help and to follow Help's suggestions. Are you that desperate?

by: Grateful 3 years ago
replying to Grateful

oh yes....

by: Hmmcw09 3 years ago

I have dedicated myself the last year to the concept of change yet I have relapsed many times and know the pain you speak of. It feels so overwhelming to know you need to change your entire lifestyle not just the using and at times it has been too much to bare. I live in an isolated community and have zero support system. I decided once again to give myself a chance at a life I know I deserve regardless of how anyone feels and found myself downloading this app just a few hours ago as I know I can’t do it alone. I respect that after 5 years clean and relapsing that you aren’t giving in and trying once again to get clean. It’s very inspiring and I hope you find the resolve and strength to stay clean.

by: Sideshowbob4 3 years ago
replying to Sideshowbob4

I pray for you. Thinking about the horrible consequences of using gives me resolve not to pick up. But I also can say today that happiness is a byproduct of my sobriety. It gets better.

replying to Sideshowbob4

I pray for you. Thinking about the horrible consequences of using gives me resolve not to pick up. But I also can say today that happiness is a byproduct of my sobriety. It gets better.