View All Subjects

Day 29

created by: Jenjen819 5 years, 4 months ago

Today would be 29 days clean and sober but I drank last night..
Should I redo my clean date and start over??Rehabs and detox centers I have the tools I know wtf to do and yet here I am again

by: Jenjen819 5 years, 4 months ago
replying to Jenjen819

Hey Jen just this week I have had to reset my date 3 times I was on another app but it is broken so I am here now today is one of my resets, I for one know that you also too have one hand still on the wagon keep a grip of that wagon. Please go ahead and restart one day at a time we both can beat this I was clean for more than year and hit hard. I feel ya we are only us, remember if we fall steps back, always and forever there is a step forward, keep looking forward it’s ok. 🙃

by: Andrew82 5 years, 4 months ago
replying to Andrew82

I too have reset dates, would of been 29.my husband doesn't love me like he did because of alcohol. He is on autism spectrum and has been seriously ill for 25years. He's the type that can't forgive. He didn't go to his mums funeral cos he blamed her for having 5kids 3severe autism. No emotions in the family. When I lost my mum, my best friend and my beautiful cat in one year he expected me to be OK in a week. I use alcohol to blank out. He is a kind loyal man, been with him 38years. Gave him a kidney cos I love him and don't want him to be sick but he can't emphasize with depression or addiction. I hate taste of alcohol and have liver damage but the act of buying it and doing it secretly cheers me up then I get numb. I like Andrews quote. Any advice I would be grateful for.

by: Kitten 5 years, 4 months ago

I would say it's 1day off from 29,but learn from what made you do it and go into day 30, it could be a blip. If you can do 29 let's look forward to the next 29.

by: Kitten 5 years, 4 months ago

Stay Strong !! remember to get to the the top of the hill sometimes we need to stop and breath, and enjoy how far we have made it, see what has change around you. grasp that change and use it to fuel you to the next breather. remember we all need to take our time if we rush we fall...1 day at a time my friends.

by: Andrew82 5 years, 4 months ago

I have been on the journey to get clean for 3.5 years. The difference is every time I pick up a white chip, I know more and have more ammunition in my tool box. I dont consider slipping a failure. it is a chance to learn about ourselves, what triggers us and how to combat our disease. Hang in there! Problems never end but neither do solutions.

by: Kellymcva 5 years, 4 months ago