View All Subjects

created by: Rarah 5 years, 4 months ago

I’ve literally just signed up, 13 days ago I completed 8months of rehab, I’ve been 9 hours away from my children n family, sadly I lapsed & looking back I’m not sure why? Was I celebrating? Self sabotage? (I’m really good at that)Was I stupid enough to think I could have 1 or 2 because I know that hasn’t worked ever, I’m working hard & desperately to not let it become a relapse. I’m doing the shame, embarrassment, guilt n all the rest that goes with it. I’m at a friends 4 hrs from home. I have nothing to say to my family that they haven’t heard many times before. For now I am doing my best to get to meetings, connecting with any services I can find out about n being kind to myself. One foot in front of the other hour by hour I make a decision to not drink right now in this moment.

by: Rarah 5 years, 4 months ago
replying to Rarah

don't pick up the first drink no matter what.

by: anonymous 5 years, 4 months ago
replying to Rarah

I know exactly how you feel. Its good to find the root cause of what made you drink and that could help you next time bc you identified the trigger. I can give you a website to the group I'm in. They have conference calls to make it a little easier to a meeting if you're interested. Dont be at yourself up. Just get up and brush yourself off.

by: Lily 5 years, 4 months ago
replying to Lily

Thanks Lily, I appreciate that. That website would be great, anything that can help in the lose dark n Lonely moments when despair is nipping at the heels n the pros n cons aren’t adding up in favour of sticking with sanity.

by: Rarah 5 years, 4 months ago

31 days sober and fresh out of rehab!!

by: SirJamesXV 5 years, 4 months ago