View All Subjects

Been A Long Week

created by: Jgo 5 years, 3 months ago

I ment to put more... It's been a long week.. Very emotionally and mentally bumpy... Had many thoughts but no wants to do drugs or alcohol. But I'm finding it very hard to sleep.. I get some flash backs of PTSD events and other thoughts of negative things that's happened recently and through out my life so far... Why? Next question is why can't I just let it go I cant control the past so why is it still controlling my mind..?

by: Jgo 5 years, 3 months ago
replying to Jgo

Read Sobertool message: Look back but don't stare. Is this relevant?

by: Grateful 5 years, 3 months ago
replying to Jgo

Hey, I just want to reply to your questions because I’ve been where you are. I used to dwell on past traumatic events in my life and the horrible things I had done to others while using or drinking. I know now that I was just punishing myself over and over constantly reminding myself about these past events that will never change, and I would get so down on myself. That’s the thing, you can reflect on your past and make your amends, but our pasts are in the past no matter how much you think or dwell on your past it will never change. The only control we have is our future which is a little scary but exciting too! So Jgo, don’t punish yourself anymore you can reflect on the past but don’t let it define you.

by: Keljo44 5 years, 3 months ago
replying to Jgo

Read SoberTool message, "One foot in past and one foot in the future..." One day at a time means live in this day. Stay sober NOW!

by: Grateful 5 years, 3 months ago

Thanks everyone I'm doing pretty good and I'm still sober been about two weeks now got into detox and rehab so I'm in a good spot the past still haunts me but slowly slowly getting better everyday is a new day thanks again

by: Jgo 5 years, 3 months ago