View All Subjects

what are you doing to stay sober ?

created by: AvitoPereira 3 years, 4 months ago

Hi! So I'm going on 6 months and maybe on the second month I started waking up early and spending time with my HP which for me is God. I read my bible, i open up these apps and do my devotionals and then i pray. This routine takes about an hour to an hour and a half. i have not missed 1 day. Its important for me to connect with god first thing before I start my day. I also search for an inspirational quote and write it in my journal and do a daily gratitude list. This has really helped me stay sober. Of course that goes with meetings and working the steps with my sponsor. What about you?

by: drberg2018 3 years, 4 months ago
replying to drberg2018

yes that's right always start off your day with God and throughout the day as well I do he the only friend I need lol... but I'm day 22 I DNT think about alcohol bcus I know what the consequences are with it with me and it's not good .. plus a waist of money .

by: Cynjay41 3 years, 4 months ago
replying to Cynjay41

way to go , cynjay41

by: AvitoPereira 3 years, 4 months ago

exercise, drankin h20, reading this forum and YouTube motivational vids.

by: Raivyn 3 years, 4 months ago
replying to Raivyn

@raivyn good habits . all the best

I'm attending as many AA Zoom meetings as possible. They're so helpful and inspiring for newly sober individuals. I'm at day 70. Here's the link to find meetings: https://aa-intergroup.org/oiaa/meetings/

by: Cami_Miami 3 years, 4 months ago
replying to Cami_Miami

cami Miami . congratulations on day 70. meetings keep us together and make us feel connected.

walking past the liquor store lol

by: Cynjay41 3 years, 4 months ago
replying to Cynjay41

@cynjay hehe , just saying hello right

at first i wasnt doing anything. but now my grandkids and my kids are home i wake up each morning an cook breakfast get them dressed for the day.

by: Jenn0120 3 years, 4 months ago
replying to Jenn0120

@jenn good habits .