View All Subjects

40 days then I blew it

created by: Be1better 3 years, 4 months ago

I was really doing ok. not happy but definitely feeling better. then i picked up that first drink. the second was not my choice th booze was in control by then. man i hate this stuff!

by: Be1better 3 years, 4 months ago
replying to Be1better

start again .

by: AvitoPereira 3 years, 4 months ago
replying to AvitoPereira

Yes!

replying to Be1better

been there and was mad at myself but I started over and I know not to do it again bcus it'll be the same outcome bullshit .. so start over..
I m 22 days now

by: Cynjay41 3 years, 4 months ago
replying to Cynjay41

thanks 4 th support. congrats on ur sobriety. this is a big big learning lesson

in the big book it talks about how the alcoholic has no control over their first drink. are you going to AA meetings?

by: SacTownSober 3 years, 4 months ago
replying to SacTownSober

not a real fan of aa meetings 2 christian 4 me i will never believe some god is going 2 save me. i would much prefer it saves a 3 yr old leukemia patient instead

replying to Be1better

Choose your own HP. I'm not a Christian either, but could not make it without meetings (GOD = group of drunks)

by: Nhchristie 3 years, 4 months ago

many of us have had the same experience and we're all here to help.

I was craving a drink real bad today and when the need was at the peak I talked to myself out loud and said: "make a list of bad things that have happened from drinking and then a list of good things while sober."

that worked for me tonight and is a practice I just learned about on this app. you got this, just find your power and keep us close

by: anonymous 3 years, 4 months ago