View All Subjects

Upset

created by: R31 3 years, 4 months ago

Last night my partner came home and braught one of our friends, they fancied a drink and I didn’t but then I got hit with ‘you’ve gone old’ so I gave in and drank, then as usual I’m the last one up drinking alone and hating myself, now this morning I’m fuming with myself and upset for ruining my 12 day streak :(

by: R31 3 years, 4 months ago
replying to R31

R31 your partner not right for you, sorry to say
if whatever you do while drinking is the same pattern then that's even more of a reason to stay away from it, I can be around pple drinking I don't care I won't do it bcus I know what's going to happen and I don't like it..... just start all over it's fine, but talk to your partner that wasn't right

by: Cynjay41 3 years, 4 months ago

I'm sorry you're going through this. Sometimes we have to let people go that are still using/ drinking and are not supportive. Sit down and have a serious talk with your partner and let them know how serious you are about your sobriety. And start over. You can do this! We dont always get it on our first try so please dont give up.

by: drberg2018 3 years, 4 months ago

Thanks guys, my partner said she didn’t mean it and agreed today that seeing me upset after drinking makes the drink not worth it. Trying to not guilt myself too much as I have a tendency to beat myself up over any kind of failure.. I think I need new hobbies for weekends as that’s when I tend to fail x

by: R31 3 years, 4 months ago

I know that feeling. it use to happen to me all the time. Up drinking alone drinking while everyone else is sleeping. Everyone was always in better shape than I was in the morning. Just say no and stick to it. Remember this feeling.

by: BayAreaSober 3 years, 4 months ago