View All Subjects

6 months clean time down the drain

created by: Tanya 2 years, 11 months ago

feel like such a let down and so disappointed in myself....
grrrr :(
now all that hard work and all those months wasted! and all my own Stupid fault! Soooo RESET! feel Stuck again!
Now ive ended up right bk where I was!!
RIGHT WHERE I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BE! feel lost right now.....Im such a mug!! :(

by: Tanya 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to Tanya

We're all here just trying to make it until tomorrow. We're in the same boat in that way. Keep your head up!

by: Shawn2020 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to Shawn2020

Thank-You.. Shawn.
Im trying.x

by: Tanya 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to Tanya

Think about it a different way. You did not lose those 6 months of sobriety, you lost however long you have relapsed. You have 6 months worth of experience to help you stay sober again! That's a lot!!! Hang in there, pray, don't drink today.

by: CathyA 2 years, 11 months ago

Hey Tanya, totally get how disappointed you must feel. As much as we would all love you to just get back onto the wagon whenever you are able to, just thought I'd remind you of the things that weren't wasted in your last 6 months of sobriety.
-money
-time
- relationships nurtured alcohol-free
- your health

just think of all the good you did for yourself in those 6 months, and all of that was certainly NOT a waste at all.
Chin up, and keep putting one foot in front of the other x

by: Imperfection 2 years, 11 months ago
replying to Imperfection

I’ll second that! Any time clean and sober is not wasted.

by: Two 2 years, 11 months ago

start again,i know it will be difficult but you can do it.just remember you did 6 monts so you do it again.use the willpower and tools you used before.take it day by day and dont beat yourself up.good luck!

by: Bubbles 2 years, 11 months ago

Hey there. I know relapse sucks and it feels like you erased all that time sober, but you didn't. You were sober for those 6 months and nothing can change that. Instead of continuing to poison yourself for 6 more months straight, you saw that change was necessary and treated yourself better for half a year. That's huge. Battling addiction is tough and it's unfortunately easy to think of ourselves as a failure. But the cold, hard, number reality is this. You had 180ish days clean and 1 not. 180 to 1 isn't failure. All that matters is what you do from here. Like all missteps in our lives, the best way to handle this is to learn something from it and move on.

Also, relapsing is normal. It's very rare for people to nail this on the first try. I definitely didn't. Be kind to yourself. All that happened is you lost one round. New one starts tomorrow.

by: NoStinkinThinkin 2 years, 11 months ago

I too had a relapse after 11 months .. I can understand how it feels after a relapse, most of us come back only after relapsing because we are addicts .. We do not believe at once, we learn by doing it ourselves..
My last relapse completely rattled me.. I lived the same dreadful 10 years in that one day ..
And that day I realized that this will bring the terrible chain of disaster.
It is a terrible and growing disease ..
I finally accepted it myself .. and tried to do as described in this program .. 'Sincerely'..
Since then my life has changed .. I am enjoying living my life in the sobriety but the bigger thing than that is the obsession of drinking has totally disappeared today .. I am sure my higher power has taken it from me..
It is nothing short of a MIRACLE for me.
You just keep coming back and i suggest you first find a AA meeting nearby and take a sponser. Its must. Recovery is possible. You can do it.

by: Sirohi 2 years, 11 months ago

Today is a new day. Let the slip fade from your memory. Get right back in the groove. Today we start over. You can do this.

by: kkdad 2 years, 11 months ago

hi Tanya.

don't let that one day dictate your future. It's the past now onwards and upwards 💪💪🙏

by: OilyDoyley 2 years, 11 months ago

Start today my friend 🙏 and remember you are not starting from scratch, you are starting from experience. I wish you well!!

by: NeverGiveUp 2 years, 11 months ago