View All Subjects

dont no know how to stop drinking was clean for week now 3days of heavy drinking

created by: Donna1982 1 month, 2 weeks ago

I had to go to treatment. You get out of your normal routine for 28 days or so and can focus on developing a routine of sobriety. It's really hard to upend your life for a month or so, but you figure it out. Keep your head up!

by: Shawn2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago
replying to Shawn2020

This is my first reply. I’m Frank. I can do 30 days easy if I’m away from home, like you said then what do you do. I was in treatment last summer for 30 days and did great I felt amazing when I came home. All the way home I thought about one of feel likeTo drink. Then I got home and didn’t drink until the third day. Go back to the same all same all.

by: Frank 1 month, 1 week ago
replying to Frank

I try every day. Let’s keep in touch.

by: anonymous 1 month, 1 week ago
replying to anonymous

Yes please let’s do. I don’t know how to track you or know who you are.

I failed after a week countless times. Even now I'm only on day 15. You just keep staring over and try something different until you find what works for you. Keep your head held high. You are doing great.

by: Brachladi21 1 month, 1 week ago

change you rountine.i try not to walk past the shops i used to buy booze from and disconnected from the people who were just bringing me down and encoraging me to drink rather than helping.i also started a course so spend alot of time studing to take away the boredom.when i get the urge i think about the good things in my life and what could negatively happen to me emotionally,socially and the terreible inpack it is continuing to have my health.

by: Bubbles 1 month, 1 week ago

I try every day like I said, today was not great. I drink about a half a bottle of wine, I know it doesn’t feel like a lot or sound like a lot but for me it’s a lot.

Thanks for the reply. I keep going, just not feeling successful so a bit down. I’ll get better especially with the help of you all. Thanks again!!

I know the feeling I'll quit for months at a time then go on a week long bender. I always keep trying though. alcoholism is hard to beat

by: Jaybird84 1 month, 1 week ago