View All Subjects

This apology your I’m going on currently is very awkward and hard.

created by: TheDrunk08 1 month, 1 week ago

I have no recollection on how many drunk calls and texts I had sent through the last two years (my worst years). I always deleted them I’m the morning. I just had lunch with a friend I haven’t seen I haven’t seen in 3 years. I missed his wedding and missed coming to see his new born baby. The reaction he had while we met up was disturbing but understood. I fell off the deep and and could be seen as crazy. I have a lot of other friends to atone to and family members. It is just really difficult. I’m only 11 days sober but I have to make this stick because I am at the point where this is actually going to kill me.

by: TheDrunk08 1 month, 1 week ago
replying to TheDrunk08

WE can't change the past, but being sober, we don't have to recreate the past. I had to work the steps in order and did steps 8 and 9 (the amends steps) when I had thoroughly worked the first 7 steps.

by: Clean 1 month, 1 week ago
replying to TheDrunk08

I am in a very similar situation... I’ve got 7 days. I was absolutely a sloppy annoying drink texted/messenger myself and deleted them the next morning without reading because I knew I’d be embarrassed beyond belief. If they reached out I ignored them. It’s hard acknowledging the damage we’ve done, but right now that can take a back seat. What’s most important is us going to meetings and building up our strength and physical/mental health. I’ve heard a lot of forgiving can come when people see that you’ve really changed (and that makes me hopeful) but at the end of the day I can only do better from here on out and work those steps when they come. Be gentle with yourself, friend.

by: Wiscoco 1 month, 1 week ago

i also have a friend that has been really negative towards me.they put off my phone calls and messages and use excuses and think i dont notice.they judge me and are always telling me how great there life is, im happy for them but they never really ask how i am and will never talk about my drinking.i think its time to except they dont want to know and although it will hurt jut concentrate on me.

by: Bubbles 1 month, 1 week ago
replying to Bubbles

Work on yourself. The rest shall fall into place.

by: Crudo 1 month, 1 week ago

I'm so grateful to have a sponsor and members of AA to lean on and guide me through the process of cleaning up the wreckage of past which is ongoing for me . I found when I took and take things in my own hands making ammends I usually do more harm ,God works through others and I trust those people that have experience of cleaning their side of the street .

by: AussieDrunk 1 month, 1 week ago

True friendship's will withstand just give it time. As much as we are learning to accept our new lifestyle alcohol free, they are learning to trust us again. If they show you understanding, love and support, then they are a true friend and do everything in your power to never let them go.

by: Melevs 1 month, 1 week ago

Some will be gone forever. Them you can do without. The real friends will slowly come to your side and support your plight. Right now you are all that matters. This is a totally new life for you. Get comfortable in your own skin and all outside forces will fall into place.

by: kkdad 1 month, 1 week ago

Day 26 :)

by: Jillreale 1 month, 1 week ago