View All Subjects

nicotine

created by: Sp0oKy3e 2 years, 9 months ago

hi, i’m new here. can someone direct me with where do i start with nicotine. my addiction isn’t as “valid”. society doesn’t realize how crippling nicotine is, that’s why i wrote it that way.

by: Sp0oKy3e 2 years, 9 months ago
replying to Sp0oKy3e

This is a tough one. The only reason I kicked Smoking was I got a really bad flu and was down for 3 days. My son was like 7 at the time and was just busting my backside to quit smoking for that whole year. This kid says to me "You haven't smoked in 3 days why smoke now?" Who could argue with that Logic? The reality is I was over that first 72 hour hump that is so hard.

In New years 2015 my cousin said I refuse to smoke or vape in 2016 or beyond. He's been chewing the gum for 6 years but vaping and smoking were tearing him up. That's how he stopped.

After I got clean smoking drove me crazy because I was so addicted. It controls you whole life in many ways. Good luck to you!

by: FunkeyPlunkey 2 years, 9 months ago
replying to FunkeyPlunkey

thank you so so much!!!! i believe in myself. if i can go a few hours even, why look back.

replying to Sp0oKy3e

nicotine patches help plus u have to be ready to stop! I did going on 5 months!

by: Cynjay41 2 years, 9 months ago
replying to Cynjay41

i used nic patches but they kept me addicted and that’s how i relapsed each time after 3 days :(

I stopped smoking 5 years ago, and I smoked for more than 11 years around half a pack everyday. I think I understand the difficulty of stopping. It is a difficult endeavor. I found it really helpful to do the same activities as with smoking, but avoiding smoke. Meaning, I still go out a couple of times like if I was going to smoke, just to get away from work for some minutes. I also still roll down the window of the car like if I was going to smoke. I found that I enjoyed this activities more than the cigarettes that accompanied them.

by: Carballo_Moreno 2 years, 9 months ago
replying to Carballo_Moreno

it’s hard to do that when i vape, because i do it indoors and everywhere. hopefully this gives you an idea. i can think of a solution :) with your idea!!! thank you!