View All Subjects

Fatigue?

created by: Leah1992 2 years, 6 months ago

Hi everyone- I’m a few days into recovery after slipping into some alcohol for a few weekends. I’m wondering if any one else has experienced intense fatigue in early recovery? I just feel exhausted all the time.

by: Leah1992 2 years, 6 months ago
replying to Leah1992

Hey Leah, I’m right there with you. I’ve gotten sober before and I totally remember this phase. I’m currently only a few days into recovery myself. But I am so tired! Thankfully my dr has put me on a medical leave to detox at home, so I’ve been able to sleep while my kids are in school. Good luck!

by: Breezy501 2 years, 6 months ago
replying to Breezy501

Thank you! I’m so glad you’ve been able to sleep! Hope your journey is going well.

replying to Leah1992

I had numerous days were I felt so exhausted I couldn't really do anything but sleep. Even after three months there were some weeks of extremely low energy that only really subsided completely after six months. Hopefully you won't suffer from this too badly.

by: Cemlo 2 years, 6 months ago
replying to Cemlo

I really hope it doesn’t last that long! I’m too busy for this, which probably doesn’t help. I don’t really have the time to just sleep.

replying to Leah1992

Yes, sleep. Body‘s been through a lot it rest I’ll tell you recover in part one anyway. Everywhere I know quit sleeps. A lot.

by: Frank 2 years, 6 months ago
replying to Frank

Thank you! I’m glad it’s not just me.

replying to Leah1992

Alcohol wears you out physically as in other ways. Sleep as others have mentioned is great; it is a great healer. Some improvements to eating and exercising will also help with energy - like fruit and walking. You're on the right track though, keep it up!

by: anonymous 2 years, 6 months ago
replying to Leah1992

Just wanted to mention that I had my first ever experience with acupuncture on Monday. I’m definitely still fatigued, but it feels less intense than it has. I really loved the experience and am going back next Monday (the practitioner told me I should do it weekly for a while).

Im on my first "real" try to get sober for good. love the question and this makes sense of why i feel so tired. Im nee to not drinking I've been better then i had been the last few years but i need to stop. i go on binges when i start drinking sometimes last for weeks sometimes just a few days only to be sober 2 to 4 days at a time. keep up the good work!

by: Itsallinlove 2 years, 6 months ago
replying to Itsallinlove

What do you mean by "real"?

by: Grateful 2 years, 6 months ago
replying to Grateful

taking steps to not drink and to admit that i actually have a problem. before i would say i will go for a month and make it to the weekend so then binge on weekends. this time i dont ever want to drink again.

replying to Itsallinlove

What steps?

replying to Grateful

im not in a program or anything. im listening to some great pod casts about other peoples stories and looking up other eays like this app to just get support to not have that drink. im good as long as i dont have that 1st drink. im going tony on my own to not but if I find out I cant then i will look into more. I plan on getting a therapist very soon. doing research now to find one that fits me

replying to Itsallinlove

be careful about a program that fits you. trust something different. your own best thinking got you sick. follow others guidance.

replying to Itsallinlove

Thank you! You keep working it as well. It honestly helps just to know I’m not alone.

Vitamin B12, nascent iodine, 5HTP. ashwagandha. This combo worked wonders for my fatigue.

by: Strength_through_healing 2 years, 6 months ago
replying to Strength_through_healing

I take B12, but not the others! I will have to give that a try!

I think that fatigue is quite normal in early days of recovery. We stressed our bodies and minds for years or decades. It takes some time for us to feel better insidd our bodies. Recovery is a Slow process.

by: joselurker 2 years, 6 months ago