View All Subjects

9 months of sobriety!!

created by: BlackWidow 2 years, 6 months ago

I can't believe how different I feel being clean of alcohol. I still have a craving from time to time. Oddly enough, I dream about drinking and feel guilty as hell. I'm looking forward to celebrating my one year on Christmas ❤

by: BlackWidow 2 years, 6 months ago
replying to BlackWidow

Congratulations on your one year! Way to go!!

I wonder if the dreams are your “addict doing push-ups in the parking lot” as they say. Stay aware, don’t let it win. Always remember how good you feel while sober. I’m the same way, I feel amazing when I don’t drink! Keep going strong and you deserve it!

by: Frank 2 years, 6 months ago
replying to BlackWidow

Well done.

by: anonymous 2 years, 6 months ago

Congratulations, great job!👍 I get those types of disturbing dreams every once in a while. I have 1yrs and 26 days sober from alcohol and they seem to be getting less and less. Now in my dreams I either politely refuse or throw the drink away...so that's a good sign, I think. I find meditation before bed and doing even one thing for my recovery daily helps me keep fighting this terrible dis-ease. Congrats again, and keep up the good work..we are all rooting for you 🥰👍

by: Owl 2 years, 6 months ago

Woo! Congrats on your continued sobriety. I'm with you on multiple things here. I continue to be amazed at how much better I feel than when I used to drink. Sometimes I have to sit and think to remember it, sometimes it's right with me on the surface. But wow. What a difference. It's awesome.

My two year mark is coming up this December and I still have drinking dreams every once in awhile. For me they decreased over time to the point they are very rare now. My reaction to them has changed as well. They used to bother me but now I just kinda smile, shake my head, and go about my day. With one notable exception. Once, somewhere around my one year, I had one so vivid I woke up actually thinking I had given in a drank the night before. The thought made me sick to my stomach for the few seconds it took me to realize it was just a dream. It actually served as a great deterrent. I got to feel how disappointed I'd be if I slipped without having to actually screw up. That one made a lasting impact.

by: NoStinkinThinkin 2 years, 6 months ago

Congratulations and well done! Keep up that good work

by: SurferRosa 2 years, 6 months ago

Way to go!! Huge accomplishment

by: anonymous 2 years, 6 months ago