View All Subjects

Today sucked

created by: ESWALLY2016 1 week, 6 days ago

Day 7 alcohol free. I’ve had the worst day at work.super stressful. But other things going on as well. Normally I would turn to alcohol to block it all out, but I can’t now. It just makes me realise how reliant I am on alcohol to help me “ manage “. I feel utterly exhausted and so tired with it all. I have to process all this whilst I’m sober and it’s relatively new territory for me. I just keeping hanging on to that “after six months I never think about alcohol anymore”

by: ESWALLY2016 1 week, 6 days ago
replying to ESWALLY2016

I'm in the same boat. I get way too stressed about work. I've started looking forward to a good meal, a hot shower, and maybe some dessert. You've got to find ways to make yourself feel good at the end of the day. instead of beating yourself up with the poison.

by: Strength_through_healing 1 week, 6 days ago
replying to Strength_through_healing

I like today's SoberTool daily message about learning not to worry...it tells us to day Who cares" when we start worrying. Did you read it, called AA stands for attitude adjustment."

by: Grateful 1 week, 6 days ago

After 6 moths you won't think about alcohol???? I've never heard that one. I'm just over 10 yrs and I still think about alcohol. It's in you to correct your thinking. Knowing one is too many and a million aren't enough. Sobriety is a slow arduous process. You can do this.

by: kkdad 1 week, 6 days ago
replying to kkdad

Yikes ! One of the members on here stated that in their post ; 6 months on and don’t think about alcohol.

by: ESWALLY2016 1 week, 6 days ago
replying to ESWALLY2016

They might not be an alcoholic, not everyone on here is. Some people may be going through a rough time and drinking too much .
They give up and their life gets better because alcohol was their problem.
I'm an alcoholic I give up and after a period time without my medication( alcohol ) I get worse mentally and spiritually, restlesness irritability and discontent overwhelm me ,alcohol treated my alcoholism until it stopped working, if it still worked I wouldn't be writing this .
We need to implement and practice a daily recovery plan to treat our alcoholism , a substitute to get through life on life's terms .

by: AussieDrunk 1 week, 6 days ago
replying to AussieDrunk

Bravo! Aussiedrunk! Truth will set you free! But first it may piss ya off! LOL 😆

by: ChipsBDown 1 week, 4 days ago
replying to AussieDrunk

AussieDrunk, thank you for your candor. It's necessary and refreshing

by: Shazza 1 week, 1 day ago

kkdaddy Awesome on the 10 yrs! I am 31 years sober and I have learned that when the thought comes as it occasionally does, to remember the 7 T's ... Take Time To Think Things Through Throughly! I see where it takes me and I refuse to go there. Now ESwally, life is like a roller coaster, up and down, throw your hands up and enjoy the ride, the highs won't be as high as they were and the lows won't be as low too! Stay in the sober car and watch as great things come your way!

by: ChipsBDown 1 week, 4 days ago