View All Subjects

Day 10 Sober but had a near miss!

created by: Manx88 5 days, 6 hours ago

It was going so well but tonight after work I had the biggest thought of having a glass of wine! I stood in the supermarket booze section and stared at the bottles for a good ten minutes. I eventually picked up some 0% non alcoholic beer. Had one of those when I got home! Not ideal but still 10 days sober and I suppose that’s all that counts

by: Manx88 5 days, 6 hours ago
replying to Manx88

it takes work every day. it helped me to stay out of places that would sell alcohol. it's not "out of sight, out of mind" though ... take a day at a time. take care. thanks for sharing, it's easy to share when thing are going well. harder but more important when things don't go as planned. keep up the good work.

by: Kermit 5 days, 5 hours ago
replying to Kermit

Thank you for your kind words! I need to take the positive out of it, have a good night sleep and reset for tomorrow 👍

by: Manx88 5 days, 5 hours ago
replying to Manx88

that's a promising strategy! have a restful sleep. tomorrow is a new day.

by: Kermit 5 days, 4 hours ago

Whoo hoo! Huge VICTORY!
I told my kids that when I was pregnant with them, I didn't miss booze at all. But I craved a Beer and I drink it with Clamato juice. (Non Canadans won't get it). But I think it was as much the tomato juice in the mix that I craved, as the beer.
So, I got some non alcoholic beer and mixed that. it was divine. If I crave it now, I'll certainly do that again!!
Congrats and Happy New Wonderful Day

by: Shazza 4 days, 14 hours ago
replying to Shazza

Thank you, I will take any win, no matter how small! Maybe just keep away from the booze aisle until I’m more confident but I managed to make the right decision! That drink sounds good, just googled the clamato bit 🤣 us British don’t have that

by: Manx88 4 days, 6 hours ago

That is great. We must do anything to refrain from alcohol. You did just that. Congratulations.

by: kkdad 4 days, 14 hours ago
replying to kkdad

Thank you! Mean a lot all the support from you guys

That’s great that you abstained. I’d take the near miss to heart and try to think of ways to not even get that close. I have to keep 3 steps away from a drink, because I don’t trust myself to make the right decision if staring booze in the face.

by: Shawn2020 4 days, 11 hours ago
replying to Shawn2020

I was shopping and knew I shouldn’t have gone down the aisle! But I did and I’m still sober so I will take the win for sure! 👍