View All Subjects

2 months SOBER 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

created by: HazelB 2 years, 4 months ago

Today marks 2 months sober!! I’m soooo happy! I’ve done 2 other 40-45 day fasts from alcohol in the last 1.5 years but always returned back to drinking, thinking that I then had a handle on it, I didn’t, often times I would be even worse than I was prior to doing the fast - I just couldn’t get it together.

I’ve said some stupid shit, done some stupid shit, felt like total shit for multiple mornings after a heavy night of drinking, not being present in my personal life, as well as sinking an incredible amount of money into nothing obtainable! Ohhhh and the feelings - drowning the feeling and feeling numb was at the forefront

I now realize that how I was operating previously is no longer feasible, no longer serves me, no longer valid. I was sick for so long because I truly didn’t believe that I had an issue, and felt like I was fine when meanwhile I was just drowning my feelings!

Well being sober has made me feel all the feels! I’ve been highs and lows, sadness, grief everything!! all of everything just finally bubbling to the top - and I’ve had to deal with it my coping mechanism was removed and I actually had to deal with it BUT I managed! I’ve also felt a lot of joy and happiness! And am grateful that I’ll actually able to remember it!

I don’t have a program I’m using, I just get up daily and choose to be sober, check my app here and make a conscious effort to not drink - if I can do it anyone can!

by: HazelB 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to HazelB

Waoo.. congrats on the landmark, I too don't follow any program, just programmed myself not to drink... and feeling great, yeah... sometimes boring but everything comes with a price... keep up gud work.... all the best.... 👍

by: pandey_1982 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to HazelB

thanks for sharing HazelB! It's motivating and uplifting to read about your experience. keep going!

by: Kermit 2 years, 4 months ago

Yes!! Keep up the great work!

by: Irm 2 years, 4 months ago

Way to go Hazel!! 2 months is amazing and seems a long way from 8 days. I'm not on a program either. But I'm working really hard to concentrate on my physical and mental health.
You're an inspiration. Keep it up!

by: Shazza 2 years, 4 months ago

WOW!!! This is so incredibly inspiring. Congratulations HazelB! You are on the right track. Keep up the great work.

by: krw579 2 years, 4 months ago