View All Subjects

day 4. craving monster talking

created by: Mv22 2 years, 4 months ago

battles the little monster last night. day time was good as I typically didn't drink till evening. but once the sun went down....ooo did the monster start talking.

on the outside I look well, felt great this morning waking up without a headache and proud of myself. trying to keep that feeling in my mind.

I have group therapy on Tuesday and really really want to get there with one week under my belt.

by: Mv22 2 years, 4 months ago

Well done for getting thru 🙏 that voice will always try to get us back to using but the more we challenge it and see it for what it is, a thought, and not act on it, the quieter it becomes! Keep putting one foot in front of the other and some days it's an hour at a time, but the benefits of recovery will keep coming you way. I wish you well.

by: NeverGiveUp 2 years, 4 months ago

It's SUCH a habit!! I wonder if I'm actually craving it? Or if it's just that I'm so used to making a drink and sitting down, that is just become second nature?
I hope you were able to find something else to fill your time.
Let me know!
And "Yay" to no headache! Maybe concentrate on that??
I'm only on Day 8. So I'm FAR from the expert.
One day at a time.

by: Shazza 2 years, 4 months ago

Totally agree with Shazaa. It's more of a habit than anything. Stay the course. I kept telling myself to put in the hard work for at least 7 days...then 2 weeks...then 3 and so forth, to see if life is different. It's far better than I could have hoped for 40 days later. You can do it.

by: krw579 2 years, 4 months ago

Substitutions help me a lot. Coffee, Kombucha, tea, hit chocolate. It fills the void of the physical part of the habit.

by: Strength_through_healing 2 years, 4 months ago