View All Subjects

Running out of drugs this morning

created by: SlauraNoMo 2 years, 4 months ago

I am quitting today. I can’t seem to waste my stash but I’m done when it’s gone. So many feelings of fear excitement and anticipation for the inevitable withdrawal. In less than 24 hours I’m going to wish I was dead

by: SlauraNoMo 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to SlauraNoMo

I’m there it’s you and I’m 4 months clean! I still have major depression and I’m not sure what your coming off of but I was on meth for 20 years and sober for the first time since! I’m having a harder time right now becuz my dealer is so close by and I see him high everyday now! I’m trying to stay strong!!!!

by: anonymous 2 years, 3 months ago

It will be thought in the begining my friend and please make sure you are safe when in withdrawal! Remember these first few days and once out the other side use it as a stepping stone to what you never have to feel again aslong as you don't pick up the first drink/drug. Mabey try getting on a zoom meeting, if you can try a bath or something to be kind to yourself, well done for reaching out 🙏

by: NeverGiveUp 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to NeverGiveUp

I’ve tried to stay active and hydrated. It’s the devastating depression that’s got me right now.

by: SlauraNoMo 2 years, 3 months ago

It's gonna be hard. I know NOTHING about addictions. But should you see someone to help you wean? Will you "physically" be ok?
Please take care of you.
You're all that matters and we're here for you.

by: Shazza 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to Shazza

Physically I’m okay just feel like I’m dying emotionally from the inside out.

What got me through the first few days (and about 2 weeks) was listening to recovery testimonies and doing Bible devotionals about addiction. May not be for everyone , but got me through the toughest days. I'm 40 days clean today, so if I can do it I know you can too.

by: krw579 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to krw579

Thank you. I watched my church service this morning for the first time in a long time. I’m just struggling with the control. I’m having a hard time letting go and giving God the wheel

Get medical help. Detox of some type. It will help - they know what they are doing to make the transition easier.

by: Shawn2020 2 years, 4 months ago

why are you on this forum shazza if you dont know or havent got an addiction?im not being funny but dont really understand how you can help or give advise if youve never faced an addicton!!?

Well...anonymous (I'd call you by name... but you're not sharing). I'm an alcoholic. 10 days sober. My husband admitted to using coke under our roof and lying to me about it for 2 years. My son is a recovering addict. I lived with a guy for 4 years who lied to me every time he was out of my sights about smoking crack.
So I live with addiction. I'm surrounded with it.
My comment was that I am not a counselor, and I've never been to treatment. So I can be supportive.. but I don't claim to know what to say to help.
THAT'S why I'm on this forum.
Maybe ask a question before being rude to people just fighting to regain their health.

by: Shazza 2 years, 3 months ago

apologies shazza its just when i read i know knowing about addiction,i thought then why are you on this forum.i wasnt trying to be rude,i can promise you that i just misread your message,sorry again.please forgive me i would never disengage with an addiction,it really was simply a mix up.sounds like you have had it tough!

replying to anonymous

Thanks so much for that. This journey is so hard. And we're all trying to be respectful..I apologize too for my blunt reply. That was a hard day and I was trying to reach out and lashed out sounding like a bit of a victim.
Here for you. Sending love and light..

by: Shazza 2 years, 3 months ago
replying to Shazza

here for you too.please keep on this forum we are all here to support eachother.keep up the hard work and always keep smiling!

by: Bubbles 2 years, 3 months ago