View All Subjects

Dealer is in my view!!

created by: BaD4LyF 2 years, 4 months ago

So when we left here (the city I’m in) about 6months ago I was able to get clean and been clean for 4 months and 8 days! We got back into this city about 5 days ago and our dealer is in view from my porch! This is SOOOOOO hard and I feel like I’m gonna break and I’m scared! It would erase all of my time sober and I’d be so disappointed in myself but I’m trying to stay strong and need some helpful words or advice! Please!

by: BaD4LyF 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to BaD4LyF

Help Me! Please somehow! Someone say something and tell me why I don’t wanna fuck up!

by: BaD4LyF 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to BaD4LyF

go inside so you don't have them in sight. distract yourself with something else you enjoy, a nice cup of tea. join an online group call if that helps.

by: Kermit 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to Kermit

yes distract yourself do something positive. Don't give it attention. see them as a disease you can't be and don't want to be around or near anyone that takes you back to your old ways. you've done great getting where you are.

Pray to God for strength
you can do this 🙏💪💪

by: anonymous 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to BaD4LyF

There is always going to be dealers and bottle shops it doesn't matter where you go locking yourself away from the world and life might temporarily fix the situation but not for long ,if I looked hard enough I could see my favourite shop from my house ,but that don't mean shit because the bottle shop isn't the problem I am .
Seeing your dealer across the street and the dis -ease it causing you is an indication that you may need to take some positive steps towards recovery it's not entirely bad and is a real opportunity to make change for good .
We need to have this mental obsession removed once we are physically free of our drug of choice . I haven't had 1 conscious desire to drink I feel I'm in a position of neutrality when it comes to alcohol TODAY ,that is one of the many promises that has manifested for me by practising a program of recovery.
Pick up your phone and find a meeting don't procrastinate get connected with others in recovery .
Realise that your life depends on it no body is going to save you ,no words can save you but you and only you CAN take the required action if you want to be FREE

by: AussieDrunk 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to AussieDrunk

Thank you sooooo much, for the LAST paragraph…..

My eyes are flooded with tears, and I JUST needed to read THAT LAST paragraph today

by: apolsauc 2 years, 4 months ago

Go to a meeting and talk to your sponsor. I never thought I'd be able to stay sober if I was around alcohol, but today I can sit with someone who is drinking and don't want to pick up. It has to come from within yourself, not based on your environment.

i feel the same when i walk past shops i used to buy booze from and cant even avoid them especially the one that is right outside my house.i just try and think about something else to keep my mind off it or even dont go out by myself with money,i will go out with people i can trust that i know wont give me money to get booze.you sometimes have to change your routine,it will be hard at first but you will get used to it.