View All Subjects

Thank you!

created by: Carebear18 2 years, 4 months ago

I just want to thank everyone who is willing to share their experiences, hardships, and accomplishments. I am grateful for the gentle advice from old timers as well. I am wrapping up day six of no alcohol or cigarettes after almost 30 years of both.
I feel a difference already health wise, but I feel like a newborn trying to learn how to live! I think I am grieving because I want to sleep a lot, but I’m trying not to have expectations, but to be gentle and kind to myself. Something I am not sure I have ever done.
Thank you all for your words of wisdom and sharing. It truly helps me.
We can do this and it is nice to know we don’t have to do it alone! Much love and light to you all

by: Carebear18 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to Carebear18

You are beginning a great journey. It takes an investment of time and energy, but its well worth it and you are worth the investment. Hope you try AA. It works for me. Restored my sanity from a hopeless drunk. Praying for you.

by: Grateful 2 years, 4 months ago

Don't worry about getting lots of rest! Your body is going through a lot. I think one of the best parts about sobriety is how good I sleep! I actually dream and remember them!

by: Strength_through_healing 2 years, 4 months ago

You're my inspiration Carebear! Well done. I'm up at 04:00 in the mornings and love my coffee, in moderation ofcourse, where I used to feel guilty and get up around lunchtime only with sand in my mouth. Keep going.

by: Kirk 2 years, 4 months ago