View All Subjects

Starting today

created by: Winnie 2 years, 4 months ago

Last night was rough...too many drinks and I feel like crap today. Luckily, I was with close friends who drove me home and took care of me. It doesn't happen to this extreme often lately. It's fine as long as I can avoid alcohol completely. But when I don't, one drink leads to two...and so on. With the holidays coming up, I just want to feel good...and avoid both the physical hangover and my unavoidable post-drinking guilt and anxiety.

by: Winnie 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to Winnie

Hi Winnie, I was once where you are now. I had to surrender to the fact that I could not control alcohol, that it made my life unmanageable. Fortunately there was a program that could restore me to sanity: AA and its 12 steps. It has kept me sober for 33 years and 7 months. Please give it a try. You have nothing to lose but the misery I sense from your post. Pulling for you. If I could do it, you certainly can too.

by: Grateful 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to Winnie

Winne, we're all experiencing that same feeling of fear and guilt. Don't worry about others stay here and share. You're a great invention and we need you....!

by: Kirk 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to Kirk

Thank you for sharing! As many posts before we have all been there, and it’s awesome that you are choosing a different path .. I finally had to get sick and tired about being sick and tired before I could make any changes .. wishing you the best of luck on your journey

by: HazelB 2 years, 4 months ago

Thanks for the words of support! I'm excited about this journey.

by: Winnie 2 years, 4 months ago

Hi Winnie. I was there once too. Drank myself almost to death. In 20 days I'll be 1 year sober. Do whatever it is you need to keep you focused on sobriety... New hobbies, work, friends that don't drink, or meetings. I found that meetings didn't quite work for me, but you'll find your support system, I promise! Keep moving forward and one day sober is a huge accomplishment 🙂 It's a step in the right direction. I'm proud of you ❤

by: BlackWidow 2 years, 4 months ago