View All Subjects

Ugg temptations everywhere 🤔

created by: Mandee1980 2 years, 3 months ago

So I have been sober 68 days now. Yesterday we went out for dinner and was seated by the bar. I was fine but sitting there was rough. Then we had a reception to go to at a hotel & hotels are a huge trigger for me because my husband and I get a couple nights away and I always grab some wine before. It seems like everything fun I do alcohol is going to be on my mind. I almost ordered a drink but It was so hard. Will the temptations ever get easier because I know alcohol is going to be around at certain times?

by: Mandee1980 2 years, 3 months ago
replying to Mandee1980

Mandee, don't forget that some people cannot relax, communcate ir function without an alcolic drink, you're out of that prison noe enjoy your freedom. Enjoy the little things in life like a cheese sandwich, having a haircut, walking, reading.......the list is endless. Smile and dance to music

by: Kirk 2 years, 3 months ago
replying to Kirk

Kirk, Thank you, that is exactly what I was thinking at the time, I have come so far why turn around & go back to that hell over a couple drinks.? BTW cheese sandwiches are yum!! Thanks for your comment!!

by: Mandee1980 2 years, 3 months ago
replying to Mandee1980

Congrats on your sober days! There will be many of triggers that your going to need to identify, and hopefully be able to replace, it takes time and will take time - this is a marathon and not a sprint .. kudos for choosing to be sober for that day! Keep pushing!

by: HazelB 2 years, 3 months ago