View All Subjects

Day 10 …

created by: Carebear18 2 years, 4 months ago

I am on day 10 of no alcohol or cigarettes or weed in over 25 years. I feel really great! I was a beer drinker but I could drink a 12 pack a night without even realizing it!
I have lost 6 lbs already ( didn’t think that would happen with no smokes)
I just wanted to share that I had the best weekend ever! I was so productive and enjoyed spending quality time with my family! I woke up at 6am to go grocery shopping. This is something I loathe, but I bought a coffee and enjoyed the alone time to browse and not rush! I’m finding pleasure in all the little things!
I will say though, I constantly have thought about how I am going to be able to go to social events and concerts ( I have 3 coming up) without drinking! I know Thy will can get me through it, but I’d be lying if I said it doesn’t scare me and make me anxious when I think about it.
For now, I am sticking to home, family, and work. I’m still sleeping a lot, but it feels good. I surprisingly do not feel depressed. Quite the opposite as long as I stay very busy and productive. I am an addict, so replacing drinking and smoking with other activities, ( cleaning, organizing, running, reading, crafts) is a must for my sobriety.
I know it is just the beginning of my journey, but 10 days is huge for me!
I wish you all the best and I hope for a gentle, kind recovery for all.

by: Carebear18 2 years, 4 months ago
replying to Carebear18

That’s awesome! Congrats on your win thus far! Keep going!

by: HazelB 2 years, 4 months ago