View All Subjects

1 year sober today, the rest of my life to go

created by: Lynsi 2 years, 3 months ago

Congratulations. You give lots of hope to All. Hard work pays off.

by: kkdad 2 years, 3 months ago

What an amazing inspirational story, thanks for sharing

by: Cemlo 2 years, 3 months ago

Guys I'm in tears of gratitude and thankfulness of God's grace and mercy. Most of my life I was lost in addiction and alcoholism, my drug of choice was "more", more something so I didn't Have to deal with reality, my emotions etc. I lost my husband and eventually my kids, I was homeless and helpless. January 8th I ended up in jail for the last time, I was on meth, alcohol and was abusing and selling my prescription Xanax. Before new years 2021 I stopped drinking I prayed to God every night to help me stay sober because even though I was over the shakes, sweats etc. My brain still missed that "reach" for the drink or drug, I was 3 days back drinking and drugging and I got put in jail for 48 days, yall if that wasn't God idk what it was! I got out and took the necessary steps to get my life back together, keeping God first in my daily routine and then starting with my children, I did all the classes dhs wanted me to do, I completed 36 days of out patient treatment, I've passed every drug test, dhs, my p.o. and midsouth gave, I got my drivers license back after 6 months interlock (breathalyzer), I have my children back with me, God even sent my husband back my way and he's found recovery which I'm super proud of. Some of you know me and know this is very little of "my story", march 28th will be my second sober birthday since probably before I hit double digits and I'm here to tell you WE DO RECOVER!
There is hope! God is Amazing and you can too, you just have to put as much if not more effort into staying sober as you do chasing your next high.
I love yall
#AllGloryToGod
#1yeardown
#therestofmylifetogo
#wedorecover

by: Lynsi 2 years, 2 months ago
replying to Lynsi

What an inspiration you are! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story with us!

by: Tiredand60! 2 years, 3 months ago
replying to Tiredand60!

Thank you!

replying to Lynsi

Congratulations to you Lynsi !! Your path was difficult, but you proved it CAN be done! God Bless you and your Family. Happy New Year !

by: LovelyLeitrim 2 years, 3 months ago
replying to LovelyLeitrim

Thank you and God bless you and your family as well!

replying to Lynsi

Congratulations! ❤ Yours is a great Higher Power!

by: Grateful 2 years, 3 months ago

well done,thats brill keep going and staying positive.keep your head held high!

by: Bubbles 2 years, 2 months ago