View All Subjects

What's your daily morning program?

created by: Grateful 2 years, 3 months ago

I wake up, read the SoberTool daily message, check the Rewards page, read my reward, do at least one post or reply on the forum, pray on my knees asking God to keep me sober this day because I can't do it alone. What's your morning routine?

by: Grateful 2 years, 3 months ago
replying to Grateful

hi grateful, similarly i do prayers of 3rd and 7th step alongwith serenity prayer on my knees .. thankgod for another day , sober morning ..look at the sun daily and thanks god for the light that sunshines my life everyday even in the tough times and even if i having some continuous daily life problems i just try to start my day according to the program .. i read daily reflections , just for today and soberTool daily message .. it all helps more than i think it will.
have no words to describe how life has been changed since November 2020 to this day ... Thankyou my higher power. thankyou for each and everything that is happening in my life. all good all bad just everything. why everything? because there is a lesson in everything, and im here to learn. keep learning keep growing.
Much love to everyone. peace and light.

by: Sirohi 2 years, 3 months ago
replying to Sirohi

Hi Sirohi! So glad to hear from you and happy for your recovery. Such a blessing for me too. Keep up the great footwork!

replying to Grateful

Hey grateful, thank you for this idea.

I love all this, but I struggle with it too. I have a job I have to show it to every day I leave at 7 AM. I also have a new puppy which takes up my time., I just don’t have this much peace in the morning which I wish I did because it sounds amazing. I guess that might be one of my goals to look forward to creating. Wish me luck.

by: Frank 2 years, 3 months ago
replying to Frank

Hey Frank, I am super busy too. My morning routine takes about 3 to 5 minutes. Whenever I think about how long something I do for my recovery takes, I remind myself about how many hours (sometimes days) I lost when I was drinking and drugging. If I could work that hard drinking and drugging, I can sure devote the relatively little time it takes for my recovery.

replying to Grateful

Oh, I can do that! When I read your morning routine it sounded like half an hours worth of time! You’re right I definitely wasted plenty of time drinking and picking up the pieces afterwards, or feeling terrible. That all makes sense now! I can plug-in little bits like that easily, starting today! Thanks again!

by: Frank 2 years, 3 months ago
replying to Frank

We are with you Frank! Love your Honesty, Openmindedness, and Willingness! (acronym for these traits is H.O.W. ) H.O.W. is HOW we stay sober.

Hi! I too, upon waking, open The Sober Tools App. I read daily message, then read some posts in the forum. Sometimes I post also. Then I walk the dogs, where I get fresh air and time to think about what I just read and clear my mind. After a nice stroll I now feel able to go on with my day.

by: kkdad 2 years, 3 months ago
replying to kkdad

Sounds like a beautiful routine kkdad. I get renewal from walking my dog too!

I more often than not check in and read the messages on the forum and in app while I'm still in bed before I get up at 430 am for work.
Shortly before I leave for work I hit my knees and say out loud 3 prayers ,I'm not religious but I religiously do this, for me giving a few minutes of my time in the morning to align my will with my higher powers will is a small price to pay for the benefits the people around me and I receive.
A wise man at a meeting said if your having trouble praying in the morning put your slippers under the bed so when you get up you have no choice but to hit your knees ,may as well pray while you are there .

by: AussieDrunk 2 years, 3 months ago